Weapon resting on objects

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Tioz87
Spotter

Weapon resting on objects

Post by Tioz87 »

Hi Everyone,

I would love to see something in the hunter like Arma 3 got with its Marksman DLC. Weapon resting...

If you prone behind a wall, stone, tree trunk or if you have a bipod on your weapon and you lay on the ground the weapon is more stable because you can rest it on an object.

In the Hunter I dont see the need for Bipods but resting on Stones or Tree trunks for example in crouch or while standing on a Tree like this guy

would be cool. I know there are some threads about resting in wooden towers but my suggestions goes beyond this. If a resting everywhere would be implemented the resting in a wooden tower would be included.

What do you guy think about this idea? it was suggested before (2011) but no reaction from EW yet
Dukkers
Scout

Re: Weapon resting on objects

Post by Dukkers »

Shooting sticks have been frequently requested as well.
Tioz87
Spotter

Post by Tioz87 »

Dukkers wrote:Shooting sticks have been frequently requested as well.
nice that would be nice too
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Tioz87 wrote:If a resting everywhere would be implemented the resting in a wooden tower would be included.
Towers already have "wobble reduction" http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-95/
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Shedalizzm
Tracker

Post by Shedalizzm »

This should definitely be possible. Just holding my hand against a tree and putting the rifle on my forearm is something i do, and its really usefull and stable aswell
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

The towers reduce the wobble. I know Red Orchestra 1 and 2 had this type of thing. If you were near a window, or some type of ledge there would be an icon in the corner. It made you stabilize your rifle.

But there is a reason they have levels. The huge wobble is extremely annoying. Especially when it takes so much to level up with it. Even when prone, if I am new with the rifle, it has a lot of wobble.
Dukkers
Scout

Post by Dukkers »

Just as a side note I often use bibods and monopods for long distance shots while hunting in real life. I miss them while prone in the game.
Tatarczuk

Post by Tatarczuk »

It would be great if something similar to A3's bipods and resting functionality were added to the game.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”