Random sunshine

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Wessel
Spotter

Random sunshine

Post by Wessel »

This has been mentioned before. (If you search for rain, you'll find 372 pages of posts)

It has been a view months that I've played The Hunter. So tonight I finally made some time. I still have an ongoing subscription, so after a clean install of Windows 10 and The Hunter through steam, I gave it a try.
Setup my keyboard buttons in the options pane and, of I go, into Val des Bois. And yes, as soon I logged in; Rain.
So I got out, logged in again, and yes dry, but not for long....

A long story short, after 3 logins, it rained for almost 70% of the time and I was confronted again with one of the most annoying things of the Hunter. I even asked myself if this 'glitch' will stop me from renewing my subscription.

Anyway I thought let's create a post again on this forum. Not that it helps much, but at least I can blow out some steam and it might get the attention of the dev's again. Why will the dev's not make the rain as an option?? Is 372 pages of posts not enough??? And if it is somehow not possible to do, for whatever reason, then please let them implement random sunshine, instead of random rain. That would make the Hunter a lot sunnier..
Pattski
Scout

Re: Random sunshine

Post by Pattski »

They don`t know how,and don`t have the coding skill to fix it, simple as that.
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

You just got bad luck with the weather. It's not so often it rains.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

i think the rain is ok but i see no objection to that suggestion , +1
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Pattski wrote:They don`t know how,and don`t have the coding skill to fix it, simple as that.
They were able to make it work in Primal and were also able to disable it for BRR. This argument doesn't hold ground any more.
homk
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Wessel wrote:A long story short, after 3 logins, it rained for almost 70% of the time
You mean it rained in 2 out of 3 sessions? That's not a lot of tries... ;)

I did some statistics on that once:
Knut wrote:50 sessions of 1h: 29% of the sessions with rain, ranging from 5 to 60% (av. 36%) of rain duration during 1h
My opinion on the rain is: suck it up or go hunt elsewhere. I think its an integral part of the game that you cannot influence your environment and have to make the best out of it.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Geredis
Spotter

Post by Geredis »

Hate to be 'that' guy, but your initial 3 hunts is a pitifully small sample-size, Wessel; and while Knut's 50 sessions/50 hours is better, I'd say that 250-500 would be a better 'minimum' amount before you can draw any meaningful conclusions.

I don't doubt that the percentages could be screwy, but such small sample sizes just seem to be more about confirmation bias; look at another sample of 3 or 50 hunts and you'll get near opposite results...
Spoiler:
nicksynnz
Hunter

Post by nicksynnz »

I find the frequency of rain irritating myself due to loss of visibility. In real life our eyes compensate for the loss of light as we can almost see as well but in the game, the cloud cover and then rain reduces visibility to almost zero and reduces enjoyment of the game.
Yeah of course rain is needed but needs to be reduced considerably and when it does happen visibility needs to be restored. Anyway who the hell goes hunting in the rain LOL: not me except in "the Hunter".
Что-то никогда не изменится
Akemaru
Outfitter

Post by Akemaru »

Wessel wrote:Why will the dev's not make the rain as an option??

then please let them implement random sunshine, instead of random rain.
If it was an option then people would just select it to be "No Rain", so they might just as well do away with it altogether as in BRR, but then we might get people asking; why is there no rain in the temperate zone maps?

We already have "random sunshine", it appears in between the rain showers, or have you not noticed that!

I do not mind the rain I just accept it and carry on hunting, just like I do here in the UK.
FumarPorros
Scout

Post by FumarPorros »

I had a ten-hour treatment with this video:

https://youtu.be/CCnCMHNyny8

Since then I have no more problems with the weather on VdB. :D

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”