What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Mhaley45
Spotter

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by Mhaley45 »

I would like to see some team (MP) events using 2 and 3 hunter teams. 4 and 5 hunter teams would be too hard for many to organize.
Allow just 3 attempts over a Fri-Sun weekend.
One target species and each hunters top score is combined for the team score.
Awards to the top 5 individual scores and to the top 5 team scores.

Multiplayer is not very well utilized when you look at Missions and Competitions available.

ingame name: LyleGoodman
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

My comments for Sesonal Events (christmas/ valentine):

1) Event daily competions - something obligatory to make Sesonal Event interesting,

comments:

- is better if takes 48 hours (valentine day) not 24 hours (christmas 2015) - players want to join but sometime not have time at exact day - so if you have one or two day break - you can still take part in all event competitions

2) voting - points sending - hearts/jollypoint - not good if mixed with main event competition result

comments:

- this functionality is better to use for some paraller photo competition (for example) - where people can vote for something which need subjective opinion - I like / I dont not like. Of course the more hearts/jollypoints/balloons scored - the more votes of each player and higher chance to get someting in lottery (for example)

3) event missions - usually have very positive feedback - please keep continue as is,

comments:

- sometimes missions are very hard to finish (example: hit 3 running cangaroo in brain ) - I think if need to up diffiuclty level, then its better to make it by time related conditions instead based on luck depending conditions - for example kill 20 Elks during one hunt, or kill 100 rabbits during one week

4) event collectiables - you are good in that part - keep continue as is

comments:

- seasonal collectiables are creating event atmoshfere, also when you spending your time in game (anytime when you see eggs on the ground - you feel easterns atmosphere)

5) event gifts - are very nice - you are good in that part, keep continue as is

comment:
- its much more pleasure to get free gift after finishing mission (special ushanka hat - valentine 2016) than without any work done (holiday mittens - christmas 2015)

6) Main Event competition (during one/few weeks, like christmas 2015 or valentine 2016)

comments:

- kill as much as possible (valentine 2016, christmas 2015) - this is not good idea - let players sleep/work/eat :)
- getting points by participation in competitions - is nice - players getting points because of loyality
- getting more points depends of your daily competition result - would be nice - you would get more points because of your skills, for example :

when get any score in daily comp: 20 pts
be in first 500 (top 50% of players) + 5 points
be in first 250 (top 25% of players) + 10 points
be in first 100 (top 10% of players) + 15 points
be in first 50 (top 5% of players) + 20 points
be in first 10 (top 1% of players) + 25 points
be in top 3 (daily awards) + 30 points

In case same result get by few players - the higher position take player which get result faster

7) event sales - you are good in that part, keep continue as is,

8) Main event prize system - good as is, but have some ideas:

comment:

- Is more attractive when 3 bottom rewards are possible to get by all players (10th, 9th, 8th place - christmas 2015) than only one reward (5th place valentine 2016)

- balanced award system example (7 day event, based on score system showed as example in point 6):

10th - when get 100 points (to get reward - just take a part in 5/7 daily comps)
9th - when get 150 points (to get reward - need a little more than take a part in 7/7 daily comps)
8th - when get 200 points (need better scores in daily comps)
7th - when be in top 200 (10% players reward)
6th - when be in top 100 (5% players reward)
5th - when be in top 20 (1% players reward)
4th - when be in top 10
3th - 3th player
2th - 2th player
1th - winner
Conch
Scout

Post by Conch »

Any competition that favors the players that play 8-16 hours a day is unproductive and unfair. Some of us have families, jobs and other commitments or past times in life and can't afford to be staring at theHunter screen all day. This is the biggest issue for me, it is already hard enough to top a leader board without a quantity objective when you're up against users like I've just mentioned. Make it fair for everyone because I'd bet 90% of the people playing would like a couple competition trophies in their trophy room.
"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it" - Fred Bear

Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

Conci wrote:Any competition that favors the players that play 8-16 hours a day is unproductive and unfair. Some of us have families, jobs and other commitments or past times in life and can't afford to be staring at theHunter screen all day. This is the biggest issue for me, it is already hard enough to top a leader board without a quantity objective when you're up against users like I've just mentioned. Make it fair for everyone because I'd bet 90% of the people playing would like a couple competition trophies in their trophy room.
It's tough thing to do without turning the comps into a lottery. As with most things in life, including IRL hunting, the person that spends more time doing it is always going to have a better chance than someone who does it casually. Sure, anyone can get lucky and walk into a trophy in a few minutes, but in the long run a person that puts in more time is going to prevail. That's just the way the world works.

BTW, families and jobs are overrated. :P
Personal Bests...
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Fletchette wrote: BTW, families and jobs are overrated. :P
Amen to that! Pitty one can't catch a break from those...
Spoiler:
BuckG42

Post by BuckG42 »

A thought came across me today of a slight variation of "Axis vs Allies" type of event / competition. As of now, we have both the Lee Einfield and the Kar 98k, so what if there was an event based on the two historical rifles that had players that wished to participate "Enlist" (instead of the "Activate" option when selecting a mission) for one of the two, but not both.

Once enlisted into your "team," the competition will revolve around the average of the top 10 scores obtained by 10 different players of a designated animal, harvested with that factions designated rifle.

Just a thought I had, sounded interesting to me. Would be nice to have a Mosin vs Kar 98k vs Einfield vs Springfield community event in the future, if at all possible.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

just do it as simple as possible no gimmicks no extras .

just biggest of each species.or maybe do for a change the smallest of each species. ;)

everyone focuses on the biggest then a fresh change would be the smallest. :D everyone could do the smallest no problem ;)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

True that, Ron.
I have to say I had a ball playing the SC comp last week.
Spoiler:
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

I vote for a 365 Day Polar Bear event...
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

A bit different kind of event (if it can be called event at all :D )

Cleaning up

A function to delete pics in gallery is introduced, and players, who delete at least 5 (10) pics in their gallery are automatically enrolled in ems draw. Sub-competitions can be introduced (held on the forums) where players can vte for best/worst/oldschool photo found in galleries.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”