What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Trackfield
Scout

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by Trackfield »

HooCairs wrote: Hmm, how about a competition that would only allow 1 hunt that lasted no more than 2 hours. I think this would allow 90%+ to have the same fair chance. :)

- harvest the highest scoring animal X
- harvest the heaviest animals of every species in reserve Y (add all top weights)
- harvest as many animals X as you can (add weights or scores)
- shoot animals X at a max range of Z meters, and add up the best 3 results
- etc.

I am starting to like this idea the more I think about it! Every day only 1 hunt that counts, with a time limit that is feasible for most everyone! :D
Would love to see each comp have this. 1 try comp, and a 10 try comp. You can only choose one.
That would give those with limited time, but yet still pay for the game, a choice.

Would you like that with or without spawn mashing ? :lol:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I'd like to see more 'adventure ellements' like geocaching or treasure hunting missions. These would work well because pretty much all the systems are in place to add features like this. Everyone has a hunting mate that shows coordinates. Things like this would give players additional options and incentives to explore these amazing maps more. More things to do on these huge beautiful maps. More incentives to go explore the various 'landmarks' too. I know it's a hunting game and I'm not expecting it to be something else but considering the vastness of the maps and how much great things this game already has going for it I feel like developing more 'side mini adventures' could really add so much dimension. If there was a system in place where community members could create 'geocaches' to be added to the game maps that would be so cool. That wouldn't be a far stretch from 'mission' now would it? :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by DYEUZ »

Would like to share my thoughts / suggestions regarding this year's Holiday Event .

Once again this year, EW as targeted this event for certain players only . The SM / grinders / exploiters have an event especially made for them , leaving the rest of us , empty handed .
I've been doing the missions / comps , purely for the 10 000 pts and for what minimum challenge it can give me .

Jolly points are a real joke . You get them by harvesting animals . EW even goes to show you a chart of the points associated with them , how cool is that !!?
So you know exactly what species to grind, for those JP .
Bottom line is , the one that grinds the most Ibex in the month of December , will most certainly win . Cool event , right ?!

Missions are o.k. i guess . Nothing spectacular . Pretty normal ones , like the ones we have already , in regular play .

Competitions are , once again , not made to see which hunter really deserves a prize . They are accepted in multi player also and some see them as '' Camouflage team comps '' .
A dude and some mates ( which don't care about winning them usually ) go help that one guy get the big one .
Mates : Hey dude , got a big one in front of me !
Dude : ok, will be right there .
Dude is running or FT .
Mates : Do you see him , at my dot .
Dude : Yes man, he's big alright . BANG !!!!
Dude : thx mate , come in the pic . My PB this year , cool .
Dude : Gives me first in the comp !! yahooo !
:?

Number of attempts is way to high also . Mostly 20 . Gives the SM many attempts at their style of play .

In the end , when you think about it real good , this event is made for the players i talk about in my post . They are the ones who will get the prizes .
If i manage to stay in the top 100 , with each day's points and couple harvest here and there , i may have the joy to receive a cookie pic and some camping supplies . :shock:

- Loose the point system for future events .
- Make comps in single player only , so that the winner really deserves to win a prize . Lets see what a single player can do , alone !!
- Lower the number of attempts for comps . 5@10 is way enough . Will make hunts a bit longer and players will think their hunts .
- Make these kind of events , for the common everyday players . Not ones that can hunt 20 hours a day non-stop for 30 days !!

Nothing personal , just wanted to say something about the event .
tyvm

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Re: About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by BuiuRei »

We've been stuck with sp only comps for years.
I see absolutely no problem regarding this year's comps. Now the point system could and I'm sure it will be revised.
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

This isn't a competition. It's something...I don't know what. It makes me feel gross and not myself when I look at it. In other words, it's INSULTING to participate in it. Not only is it catered just for 'grinders' as you point out it also requires that you own all the weapons or even better for EW buy them. I don't even want to lay my eyes on that event anymore. It's insulting that's what it is. It's a big part of what puts a bad taste in my mouth about this game or makes me angry when I think about playing it. I payed WELL enough for this game as it is and I don't some barrior at every turn showing me what I'm missing where I can either buy a new thing or don't get to participate. It's making me not like this game really fast.

Imaging purchasing an expensive pair of boots but the person selling them to you says...but it doesn't come with the laces...you have to buy those separately...and you only get a 'license' to use the shoes for a year...in other words 'renting the shoes'. Then they say "oh but you only baught one of the shoes. That didn't come with both of them. You have to also buy the other shoe.

It's one of those experiences that doesn't make me feel any better about spending my time playing this game. It's more of one of those experiences where I subconsciously feel "Really?....The Hunter? How did it come to this?" It gives me a sick feeling even though it's a good game because the way it get's into your wallet is sleazy. There's no denying it. And it's insulting. That's what it is. My two cents.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Well this is the 2nd one of these salty xmas posts ive read, and ill give the same response here. Maybe its acceptable that the comp caters to those who only want/only have thehunter to play at this time of year. Poor all those who have family, friends and other commitments to occupy them at what can be a lonely time of year. So what if the comps are full of friends having fun together and helping each other out. Its xmas . Just take part, get into the spirit and win a mile stone trophy thats available to all or ask if anyone on the forums wants to team up and try to enjoy yourself.

its not the xmas mega comp, its the xmas event meaning do a few missions, enter one of the extra unique comps, pick up some bargains in the sale and for god sake cheer up.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This isn't a competition. It's something...I don't know what. It makes me feel gross and not myself when I look at it. In other words, it's INSULTING to participate in it. Not only is it catered just for 'grinders' as you point out it also requires that you own all the weapons or even better for EW buy them. I don't even want to lay my eyes on that event anymore. It's insulting that's what it is. It's a big part of what puts a bad taste in my mouth about this game or makes me angry when I think about playing it. I payed WELL enough for this game as it is and I don't some barrior at every turn showing me what I'm missing where I can either buy a new thing or don't get to participate. It's making me not like this game really fast.

Imaging purchasing an expensive pair of boots but the person selling them to you says...but it doesn't come with the laces...you have to buy those separately...and you only get a 'license' to use the shoes for a year...in other words 'renting the shoes'. Then they say "oh but you only baught one of the shoes. That didn't come with both of them. You have to also buy the other shoe.
Your argument seems to be similar to a sprinter complaining that running marathons isn't really a competition, it's just grinding. Or that golfing, or NASCAR, or INDY, or countless other sports and activities are insulting because they require you to have equipment that YOU don't own. How unfair. How insulting.

You also seem to be upset because a few times a year there is a competition that isn't specifically catered to YOU. There are obviously a number of players that like this kind of competition, but to Hell with them, it's all about YOU.

You're also ignoring the fact that in addition to the normal "non-grinding" and "non-special weapons" comps that are still running every day, even this Holiday Event has about a dozen 2 day comps that aren't grinders, and most of which don't require special weapons. But nope, you're insulted because there is ONE part of the Holiday Event that not about YOU.

As far as buying things, well, I'd say that many, if not most things in life are like that. If you buy a car, it doesn't come with all the fuel you'll ever need to make it work, you have to buy that too. If you buy a TV, it doesn't come with all the programming you may want to watch included, you have to buy that extra. If you buy a rifle, it doesn't come with a lifetime supply of ammunition, or annual licenses, or any of the other things you may need to use it for hunting. I could go on forever.
Personal Bests...
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

See, this is exactly why I do not take part in any competitions or events thrown by EW. No matter what they do, they cannot win. People just turn these things into ****** contests, cheat accusations and witch hunts, exploits, and there is always the “us vs. them” argument, and let’s not forget the millennials! The spirit of the event is always lost. These events are meant to have fun with your friends, get some points, that’s it. Yet, every year it’s the same old song. The event is announced, it starts, and then the tears begin to flow. Honestly, would probably just be better if EW didn’t do a holiday event next year and maybe do something else, like a big sale or something. But wait, there would be complaints about that too.
Maybe, just maybe, if you already know what the comp or event is gonna be like, and you know you won’t have time for it, use your heads and don’t do em this way you cannot get hurt if it isn’t to your liking. Just have fun with the game, hunt like normal, and forget all the unnecessary drama.
Btw, this post here is just my thoughts on the whole deal, and not directed at anybody or anybody’s posts. So if you get offended reading it...well...tough.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:See, this is exactly why I do not take part in any competitions or events thrown by EW. No matter what they do, they cannot win. People just turn these things into ****** contests, cheat accusations and witch hunts, exploits, and there is always the “us vs. them” argument, and let’s not forget the millennials! The spirit of the event is always lost. These events are meant to have fun with your friends, get some points, that’s it. Yet, every year it’s the same old song. The event is announced, it starts, and then the tears begin to flow. Honestly, would probably just be better if EW didn’t do a holiday event next year and maybe do something else, like a big sale or something. But wait, there would be complaints about that too.
Maybe, just maybe, if you already know what the comp or event is gonna be like, and you know you won’t have time for it, use your heads and don’t do em this way you cannot get hurt if it isn’t to your liking. Just have fun with the game, hunt like normal, and forget all the unnecessary drama.
Btw, this post here is just my thoughts on the whole deal, and not directed at anybody or anybody’s posts. So if you get offended reading it...well...tough.

spot on. its been the same format for years now. why expect anything different. people overlook the fact its an opportunity to pick up all the gear in the store at some point for cheap.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

...I get what your saying guys , but , not making an event for ALL to enjoy and participate in , is not my bad . The ones that decide/ make them are in fault here . They are missing that whole Holiday spirit .
And there are a lot of '' US '' out there .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”