What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
lowby
Outfitter

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by lowby »

Yep agree here too DYEUZ ide sounds great.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

DYEUZ wrote:For future events ...
I had to say that i full agree with DYEUZ, it's the only way put all the player at the same level.
Many very good ideas to please the community.
Few time or many time to devote to the game, it's fair for all.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

You know I had just pitched this exact style to the some of the guys here at the office the other day. Except I had proposed 10 attempts. But I like 5 waaaaay more! Nice to be on the same page for once there DYEUZ :lol: good stuff mate!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Leafman1 /Lowby / FR_Bugs / TreeKiwi ... Thx guys , nice to see approval for new ways / ideas .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

jeff1963
Hunter

Post by jeff1963 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I really like your design, DYEUZ. :) Two things I would change:

1) I would still like to have all comps in MP too. I know, I know, we will just have to agree to disagree here. :)
2) I would change the point distribution a little bit. I like the fact that getting a leaderboard score in a competition matters, but there should also be points just for getting a score, just less. It should be possible to receive a variety of "participation trophies" in the whole event, just by completing all missions and getting scores in all competitions. Here's a suggestion how I'd distribute the points:

Each mission: 10 points

Each competition:
Any score - 10 points
Leaderboard score (top 20) - 11 points to 30 points

So if you did all missions and only got a bad score in every competition, you would get 250 points. Let's give out a participation trophy for 80 points, a better one for 160 points and another one for 240 points, like it is today. All the other trophies (and the prizes) will be based on position in the final standings. How does that sound?

I think the goal should be to give the casual players an incentive to participate in as many missions and comps as possible and guarantee them some kind of trophies, but still leave room for a non-grinding competitive event for those that want to finish in the top ranks!
Good stuff all, but why not tweak the high scoring grind animals, like the Ibex and Polar Bear points to only allow heart shots. It's been shown that anybody can spawn up and spray down Ibex, why not force a little more challenge?
Thanks, ~Jeff

RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

DYEUZ,
I like all the parts of you're idea but you are not leaving space for the grinders. Like it or not thy are part of this community also.

EW can give points per animal that is the main animal of the daily comps But only for the time limit of the comp or until the five attempts are used up. But you would also need increased point awards for the top finishers in each daily comp to balance it out. 5 attempts alone will fix the spawn mashing and the 24/7 players.

And i also think MP should be allowed.
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: RidgeBack69 ... Originally , i don't think that this game was made to grind and SM. That being said , they would still be able to do their stuff, but it would not have a direct affect on the results in a special event like the Holiday one , which i think is absolutely what all wants .

As for the multi comps being accepted , i have no problem with it , if it changes for a better points system .

Presently, the grinders are not leaving space to the rest of us . ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I could also get onboard with DYEUZ's and Tann's suggestions. I do like Tann's suggestion about participation points for comps like we have now because it is more inclusive. Everyone can participate, but only a small number of people can actually come in the top 20 in a comp (well, 20 of course... but I'd imagine 20 people is still an incredibly small portion of the community!) By awarding points for participation, people who don't care to compete can still take part in the event and win prizes, but there is still competition for those who do enjoy it. I also like the comps being available in multiplayer, and I think a low number of attempts per comp can help balance out the "unfairness" of having friends help you find that big animal (which doesn't bother me much anyway!).
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Violator31 wrote:I don't get too worked up about comps or missions, it's just not my way of playing the game. That's one thing I like about this game... it's not a "game" where we HAVE to compete. I can just do my own thing, enjoy the session the way I want to without any pressure to outdo anyone else. That said, I think that the comps & missions are a good thing to have for the other people who do want that aspect in their game.
One thing I did the other day, I was just looking at the leaderboard for the Holiday event. I clicked on one of the top competitors, his hunting style for this comp is so far from the way I play I had to laugh, not at his style, just the difference between the 2 styles. He was, of course, a "grinder", jumping into a hunt, most likely fast traveling, harvesting a handful of Ibex & closing the game in order to repeat this process. Hunts that were 5-20 minutes each. It seems like he would be waiting for the game to load more than time spent ingame. In my mind I cannot see the fun in that. But I don't pay for his membership so I don't care, at all, how he plays.
I do get into some of the regular comps every once in a while. When I do, I just hunt the same way I normally do, if I happen into something that wins, cool, if not...eh, I tried. But I have gone & checked the winners stats just for fun. In one black bear comp the winner bagged over 160 bears in the duration of the comp whereas I had less than 40. Like I stated above, it's comical to me because of the different styles & both of us enjoying the same game (at least I would hope they are enjoying it)(that way of playing would seem like work to me) :lol:
You, and DYEUZ's idea for those who WANT to compete, hit the nail on the head.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

DYEUZ wrote::arrow: RidgeBack69 ... Originally , i don't think that this game was made to grind and SM. That being said , they would still be able to do their stuff, but it would not have a direct affect on the results in a special event like the Holiday one , which i think is absolutely what all wants .

As for the multi comps being accepted , i have no problem with it , if it changes for a better points system .

Presently, the grinders are not leaving space to the rest of us . ;)
As I said i like you're Idea But i also like to try to look at the whole picture not just one side of it.

And for the record Grinding and spawn mashing are not the same in my book.
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”