What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by L3M182 »

never gona please everyone. one massive comp filled with loads of little comps and then some little missions so people who dont compete can get involved too along with daily sales, unique trophys with some that can be earned by a few, and some that can be earned by all is a good way to try
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by DYEUZ »

For future events like this one , here's what i suggest :

For 25 days of event = 12 comps + 13 missions .( normally )

Main leaderboard for prizes ?: Yes. But points would be obtained by : doing the missions and / or getting a top 20 score in the comps .

Missions : They would give 10 points if completed , each . Based on 25 days in December ( duration of the event ) this would mean 13 missions = 130 points possible .

Comps : A top 20 score would give a specific amount of points , being : 1st = 20 pts , second = 19 pts and so on, to the 20th place receiving 1 pt .
Number of comps would be 12 in December .
The regular prizes and trophies would still be given for top 10 .

Now ,for the main leaderboard and some trophies and prizes , EW just need to determine the scale of numbers and associate a prize and trophy to each section / levels . Maybe giving away a trophy for as low as 150 pts for example . One that is able and whiling to do only the missions and maybe a comp or two that he thinks he can get top 20 or top 10 , would have a chance at a trophy .

Attempts for comps : I suggest a limit of 5 attempts .This will reduce certain techniques of hunting and make for interesting competition .
Since they are mainly about 2 days long each, this limit is way enough , imo . Players just need to manage their games / attempts better .

I think this way would bring ALL of us to participate at the same level .
One that as less time than another , would still be competitive and have his chances .
No need to SM and grind no more . Even those fellas would still be able to participate .
No major advantage for no one . All style of play . I have 1hr free to play , lets try my luck in a comp or do that mission. I have all day , lets be more careful and think my hunt .

About the comps being in multi or single , well , you know what i think about that . Single player for comps is the way to go, unless you have a team orientated comp .

This is my general idea for future major events like the Holiday one . All the numbers can of course be changed to EW's liking .
We need to make that actual points system better , or replace it with something else .

tyvm :mrgreen:

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

That’s honestly not a bad idea, Serge :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I agree here with BnB too, very good idea DYEUZ. It would certainly make these events memorable and a lot less forgettable! ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Tyvm guys . Appreciate your honesty . Would be worth the try anyway .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

jeff1963
Hunter

Re: About this year's Holiday Event ...

Post by jeff1963 »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:This isn't a competition. It's something...I don't know what. It makes me feel gross and not myself when I look at it. In other words, it's INSULTING to participate in it. Not only is it catered just for 'grinders' as you point out it also requires that you own all the weapons or even better for EW buy them. I don't even want to lay my eyes on that event anymore. It's insulting that's what it is. It's a big part of what puts a bad taste in my mouth about this game or makes me angry when I think about playing it. I payed WELL enough for this game as it is and I don't some barrior at every turn showing me what I'm missing where I can either buy a new thing or don't get to participate. It's making me not like this game really fast.

Imaging purchasing an expensive pair of boots but the person selling them to you says...but it doesn't come with the laces...you have to buy those separately...and you only get a 'license' to use the shoes for a year...in other words 'renting the shoes'. Then they say "oh but you only baught one of the shoes. That didn't come with both of them. You have to also buy the other shoe.

It's one of those experiences that doesn't make me feel any better about spending my time playing this game. It's more of one of those experiences where I subconsciously feel "Really?....The Hunter? How did it come to this?" It gives me a sick feeling even though it's a good game because the way it get's into your wallet is sleazy. There's no denying it. And it's insulting. That's what it is. My two cents.
It feels like you just found out there is no Santa, it's the business of a game, of course they want you to spend your money, but they still like you too. it's not shoes you're buying, it's entertainment and totally discretionary.
Thanks, ~Jeff

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I really like your design, DYEUZ. :) Two things I would change:

1) I would still like to have all comps in MP too. I know, I know, we will just have to agree to disagree here. :)
2) I would change the point distribution a little bit. I like the fact that getting a leaderboard score in a competition matters, but there should also be points just for getting a score, just less. It should be possible to receive a variety of "participation trophies" in the whole event, just by completing all missions and getting scores in all competitions. Here's a suggestion how I'd distribute the points:

Each mission: 10 points

Each competition:
Any score - 10 points
Leaderboard score (top 20) - 11 points to 30 points

So if you did all missions and only got a bad score in every competition, you would get 250 points. Let's give out a participation trophy for 80 points, a better one for 160 points and another one for 240 points, like it is today. All the other trophies (and the prizes) will be based on position in the final standings. How does that sound?

I think the goal should be to give the casual players an incentive to participate in as many missions and comps as possible and guarantee them some kind of trophies, but still leave room for a non-grinding competitive event for those that want to finish in the top ranks!
Image Image Image
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

I don't get too worked up about comps or missions, it's just not my way of playing the game. That's one thing I like about this game... it's not a "game" where we HAVE to compete. I can just do my own thing, enjoy the session the way I want to without any pressure to outdo anyone else. That said, I think that the comps & missions are a good thing to have for the other people who do want that aspect in their game.
One thing I did the other day, I was just looking at the leaderboard for the Holiday event. I clicked on one of the top competitors, his hunting style for this comp is so far from the way I play I had to laugh, not at his style, just the difference between the 2 styles. He was, of course, a "grinder", jumping into a hunt, most likely fast traveling, harvesting a handful of Ibex & closing the game in order to repeat this process. Hunts that were 5-20 minutes each. It seems like he would be waiting for the game to load more than time spent ingame. In my mind I cannot see the fun in that. But I don't pay for his membership so I don't care, at all, how he plays.
I do get into some of the regular comps every once in a while. When I do, I just hunt the same way I normally do, if I happen into something that wins, cool, if not...eh, I tried. But I have gone & checked the winners stats just for fun. In one black bear comp the winner bagged over 160 bears in the duration of the comp whereas I had less than 40. Like I stated above, it's comical to me because of the different styles & both of us enjoying the same game (at least I would hope they are enjoying it)(that way of playing would seem like work to me) :lol:
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: Marc ... Thats sounds really good . I like it . Now we are getting somewhere , where ALL of us can meet ! :mrgreen:
As for the the comps in multi , well, if we ever get there , i wouldn't mind that much now . ;)

Happy to see couple big names responding positively to my suggestion .
EW , please read this . You will have one full year to think about it .

FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

leafman1
Scout

Post by leafman1 »

I fully agree with DYEUZ's idea....with they way it is right now all it is is just a bunch of grinding and spawnmashing.Anything were you get points for killing is just going to be spawn mash city.i think with the changes it would make it fair for everyone and put a stop to the grindfest.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”