Specific audio sliders please? :)

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
-Firestar-
Spotter

Re: Specific audio sliders please? :)

Post by -Firestar- »

On a somewhat related note, I'm now required to say 'headshot' as I'm lining up my sights.
He wanted me to say "I'm lining up my shot now" but that took way too damn long to say.
I tried using "Bang" but that for some reason made it more stressful for the guy that regularly plays APB :roll:
PortOFauthority

Post by PortOFauthority »

"YES" please implement this feature!

I too don't understand why every game doesn't have these options. I would like to quiet the foot step sound more and maybe increase the effect of wind.

You've got my vote :D
Elmo56
Scout

Post by Elmo56 »

If you put those sliders in i will be so happy i will dance at your wedding if you get married...lol. :D
bromstarzan
Outfitter

Post by bromstarzan »

..are you making a proposal to Peter? :D :D
tolwyn
Hunter

Post by tolwyn »

I'm sorry, but why not do a quick fix for the moment and simply reduce the gun sounds on the basis that the hunter is using active hearing protection that amplifies the sounds of the wild yet at the same time cuts out hurtful sounds?
ReadThoreau
Outfitter

Post by ReadThoreau »

Is this thread still running?

+1
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

YES! I want to turn off the sound of the avatar's footsteps, as it becomes very grating to listen to! Interrupts the nice ambient sounds of nature in this game.

Hear us devs!
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

skraldrog

Post by skraldrog »

This is a really old thread, but I think if you can disable waterfowl sounds specifically, you should be able to turn off all sounds but waterfowl noises. Not very realistic but I enjoy listening to podcasts while I'm grinding the magpies, and trying to find a nice volume where I can still hear the birds but I'm not completely overwhelmed by jungle noises is almost impossible. Individual sliders is a really basic QoL thing that I'm surprised haven't been implemented in the *9 years* since it's been suggested!
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Audio has always been the "red-headed step-child" of the game. I don't think they've ever had an audio expert on staff. I know they borrowed from Avalanche a few times.

Sounds in the game really just needs to be balanced a lot better, and the directional sound could use some fine tuning.

I consider the toggle to block waterfowl sounds more of a band-aid than a pragmatic feature.
I would hope most people would enjoy the sounds of nature if they were a lot more realistic.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

I don't like the idea. As I said other times for a game with the component of competition as many of this kind of values should keep the same for every player. And sound is a very importan part in many situations of the game.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”