Specific audio sliders please? :)

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
-Firestar-
Spotter

Specific audio sliders please? :)

Post by -Firestar- »

I'm liking this simulation game. I'm not fond of waking up at 5 am and walking in rain, so playing this game at 11:30 at night makes me grin like an idiot.

There is something that is kind of bothering me with this game. I don't like loud noises. :oops: Seriously... I'm a pansy. I hate fireworks and I failed a few gun quals because I flat out refused to shoot a shotgun.

Anyways, shooting kind of startles me because I turn my audio up to hear animals and the serene nature sounds.
It startles my two roommates and I think it's starting to **** them off. If I put the audio in headphones so it won't bother them, I'm nearly in tears when I fire the gun if I don't remember to mute my audio when I go to fire.

I would love to have a slider where I can turn the gun's firing sound down a bit without affecting anything else. Is such a thing like this feasible to add?
Ononemi
Outfitter

Re: Specific audio sliders please? :)

Post by Ononemi »

Personally with my very sensitive hearing, I've been getting a headache over the last few days of playing because of my sniper and revolver gunshots, but also because of these birds. Yes, birds! For hours and hours they keep whistling non-stop.
Yes, I can turn the sound down but, I keep the audio up on normal volume to hear the animal sounds.
Oh.. Even if I would be listening to my music, I would be sure those birds would win from my music x)
lelionmoddeur
Tracker

Post by lelionmoddeur »

Ononemi,you must say that you played 24/7 for 3 days :P i was there xD

your headache is understandable^^
Ononemi
Outfitter

Post by Ononemi »

lelionmoddeur wrote:Ononemi,you must say that you played 24/7 for 3 days :P i was there xD

your headache is understandable^^
Sure I played long, but not THAT long.. I like doing hunts from 1.5 up to 2+ hours.. and I hope in the future I will do longer ones..
So.. Birds.. ... Birds >.> Ssh.. NOW!
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

i understand what your saying and it has been mentioned several times in the past....the gun fire is loud, just like in real life.....but, i only fire a gun a few times in a hunt, so it doesn't bother me that much... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Peter Johansson
Outfitter

Post by Peter Johansson »

You will get all the sliders you want as we upgrade the menu/interface system, which we will do. Exactly when? I can´t say right now :?
Berlorian
Scout

Post by Berlorian »

One small way to help in the mean time if you are using normal headphones, is to Turn on Volume Equalisation or your sound cards equivalent in your sound properties for windows.
This will reduce somewhat the ability to detect differences in sound levels.
Although in testing this myself on my system(onboard realtek) that some sound like footsteps are louder, but mostly random loud spikes are somewhat smoother.
Ononemi
Outfitter

Post by Ononemi »

Peter Johansson wrote:You will get all the sliders you want as we upgrade the menu/interface system, which we will do. Exactly when? I can´t say right now :?
Ooh! That's going to be exciting! Thanks <:
JamesMc
Tracker

Post by JamesMc »

Peter Johansson wrote:You will get all the sliders you want as we upgrade the menu/interface system, which we will do. Exactly when? I can´t say right now :?
This is great news Peter! Thank you.
-Firestar-
Spotter

Post by -Firestar- »

outrider wrote:i understand what your saying and it has been mentioned several times in the past....the gun fire is loud, just like in real life.....but, i only fire a gun a few times in a hunt, so it doesn't bother me that much... :D
I've never been shot in the foot. I'm not exactly eager to experience a simulation of the pain on the sole grounds of 'it's realistic' and 'its not that often'.
Also, woot!
Excited!
and Thank you.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”