Specific audio sliders please? :)

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Specific audio sliders please? :)

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I’d be happy if they could fix those footsteps as they are too loud and annoying.
El Turista
Tracker

Post by El Turista »

Tod1d wrote:Audio has always been the "red-headed step-child" of the game. I don't think they've ever had an audio expert on staff. I know they borrowed from Avalanche a few times.

Sounds in the game really just needs to be balanced a lot better, and the directional sound could use some fine tuning.

I consider the toggle to block waterfowl sounds more of a band-aid than a pragmatic feature.
I would hope most people would enjoy the sounds of nature if they were a lot more realistic.
Very agree with this. The sound in general needs equalization and compression.

In my opinion this is the problem and no the separated sliders.

Adding separated sliders leads to "almost cheating" situations like when players played with low grafic complexity to see more rabbits for exmple. In dall sheep, bear and others comps if the ambient and others sounds are manipulated the hunt becomes much, much easier.

That's only my opinion, off course.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I find the sound in the game pretty good in general. There are certainly some issues with super loud wind gusts or funny pounding footsteps of players and animals.

Sliders would deter the entire experience and would only be used to make the game easier, not to improve it in any way.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”