Achievement Suggestions

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
moejoe95
Hunter

Re: Achievement Suggestions

Post by moejoe95 »

HunterMatt wrote:Why not have achievements linked to the forums, like number of posts etc will help bring more players to the forums because I'd say there is less than 50 active members on the forums, the dev's could also add achievements like 'use 10,25,100 First Aid Packs' 'use wind indicator 10,100,1000 times' 'own 1,5,10 tents', this would help boost sales on equipment and reward people for using it.
+1
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

The downside would be, that people will post to have higher posting counts. In my experiences from other forums, that helps nobody and just floods the forums with banalities in best case.
The rest sound's far too commercial and is too plain obviously slightly greedy for me. I feel, that such an image doesn't help to sell.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Orion
Trophy Hunter

Post by Orion »

So reward forum spamming?

I also think that the acheivement system already is skewed to those who purchase all the weapons and then grind away as it were even if through normal gameplay.

It will just come off as almost money grabbing. I think that although the steam comments in the greenlight section are not exactly the most informed, it does show as has others posts in the forums that too much focus on the monetary aspects puts people off.

People should buy items because they benefit from them as a natural consequence of playing the game. Any contrived situation which encourages pruchases should be avoided.

That is not to say that things like missions and specialty competitions especially are wrong, many people I am sure enjoy those but acheivements that lock out certain demographics are not useful IMO.

Edit:

Actually scrap what I said about the missions, they should be by and large accessible to allow if access to later ones is dependant on previous ones. In situations like that there should be multiple progression choices to not prohibit those who have no need for the extra equipment. I know if I had not purchased the trailrunner I would not have had many of the necessary weapons.
andyacegt
Scout

Post by andyacegt »

I really think there should be more focus on completing specific objectives, such as many of the brilliant achievement suggestions here so far, rather than basically just plain grinding, which is what all the current achievements entail. The current achievements don't excite at me at all, as of now. They just make me feel like I have to play the game incessantly, not really doing anything remarkable, to get my Hunterscore up. Not fun.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but one type of achievement I'd really like to see is one that depends on the score of animals. Harvest 1 220+ mule deer buck, harvest 10 220+ mule deers bucks, etc, and extend this to all animals. Also, achievements for taking specific animals with specific weapons, like one for taking a black bear with the recurve bow. One for not using any scents, ones for using only iron sights, kill every species with each weapon, specific scenarios like kill a charging animal, shoot an animal that is running, get a brain shot from 200m, get within 5m of a bear. The possibilities are endless.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

andyacegt wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned already, but one type of achievement I'd really like to see is one that depends on the score of animals. Harvest 1 220+ mule deer buck, harvest 10 220+ mule deers bucks, etc, and extend this to all animals.
I love this idea!
But I guess, that it's tricky to impossible to implement (in a fair way) due to the score changes from season to season some animals are undergoing.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
andyacegt
Scout

Post by andyacegt »

Knut wrote:
andyacegt wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned already, but one type of achievement I'd really like to see is one that depends on the score of animals. Harvest 1 220+ mule deer buck, harvest 10 220+ mule deers bucks, etc, and extend this to all animals.
I love this idea!
But I guess, that it's tricky to impossible to implement (in a fair way) due to the score changes from season to season some animals are undergoing.
Thanks, but yea, I didn't consider that... :?

Well, just any amount of variety in achievements would make me a happy man.
MrEnzO
Outfitter

Post by MrEnzO »

I would like to see given a bagde when you have completed all missions. And then some sort of equipment, for example better binoculars. One that has a little zoom or so. Perhaps with built-in camera. Then people would like to do the missions. Now it's just something that happens.
I think you should get the reward for puting in the time and money to do all the missions.
And when you do more missions, for all other species, you do them and get a new badge and maybe a new thing.
Master Hunter
Outfitter

Post by Master Hunter »

MrEnzO wrote:I would like to see given a bagde when you have completed all missions. And then some sort of equipment, for example better binoculars. One that has a little zoom or so. Perhaps with built-in camera. Then people would like to do the missions. Now it's just something that happens.
I think you should get the reward for puting in the time and money to do all the missions.
And when you do more missions, for all other species, you do them and get a new badge and maybe a new thing.
That would give me motive to do them :lol:
Warior135
Scout

Post by Warior135 »

Robin hood: Air-shot a pheasant
red deer hunter
Spotter

Post by red deer hunter »

y not an achievement for bagging all the 5 species in the area you are hunting like i could be called feast for a king or something

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”