A Thought On Different Environments

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: A Thought On Different Environments

Post by outrider »

DereFonzie wrote:Hey guys, how about this for a little mock up?

maybe one day it will be like that...................... :D :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

wintergoose
Outfitter

Post by wintergoose »

Both a globe and a worldmap is bouth a good idea who is the best I dont now but maybe it can be an option to choose.
Just dont remember we got aproximately one new are for each year so we talk of a loong lasting SIM here.
And with dewlopement of new technology and how fast that goes it is a good idea not to connect to big landmasses together.
Wetland
Outfitter

Post by Wetland »

I also really like the Go Hunting Starting Map that DereFonzie suggested above if it's possible for EW to do it that way! I don't think it would make very much sense to have all our various hunting areas from different continents (U.S., Europe, Africa, etc.) on the same landmass map, because the Climate, Topography, Habitats, are so different.

Wetland
Aussiebiggame
Scout

Post by Aussiebiggame »

I really love the look of this personally, but i see a problem with it... what do we do with the map/reserves we have?

I really really love the time of year add in though... different seasons and the animal behavior that goes with each would massively improve the reserves we have.

If this is a private hunting reserve (and that's how it feels to me) then whose to say they would have an african paddock right next door to your american and european paddocks? (reserves, but you get my point?)

It just seems like a lot of work to start spreading what we have over a "real" globe... I always took this game as a private hunting reserve on an island.

Just my opinion of course
Master Hunter
Outfitter

Post by Master Hunter »

I have a problem with that map, There is no New Zealand.
Aussiebiggame
Scout

Post by Aussiebiggame »

Master Hunter wrote:I have a problem with that map, There is no New Zealand.

O.O WHERE THE BLOODY HELL AM I!?! (sorry, might not get the reference there guys, its an aussie thing) No australia either! What is this :O
kriwul
Tracker

Post by kriwul »

Tropical thick rainforest will be awesome, typical in Southeast Asia with game animals like Sambar deer (Cervus unicolor), Sika deer (Cervus Nippon) and Wild Hog.
Plus for conservative education, the map also contains several threatened species and of course non-huntable like tiger, jaguar, panda bear, babirusa, etc. So I also can bring childrens to animal watching trough TheHunter and make them learn about conservation. ;)
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Post by DereFonzie »

The map would scroll / drag across don't worry my distant friends :)

I loved the Australia map in DH05, it would be great to have a nice HD version here in theHunter.
Howllen
Hunter

Post by Howllen »

+1
Something like this would be great.

Also since the Boone & Crockett club is known largely for maintaining a (scoring) and data collection system for native North American big game animals, perhaps theHunter should look into getting involved with Safari Club International which scores animals like the: Red Deer, African Buffalo (Cape Buffalo), Roe deer etc.
http://www.scifirstforhunters.org/

SCI Roe Deer Score Sheet
http://www.pursuetheoutdoors.com/huntin ... d_21-T.pdf

Other species score sheets may be found here... http://www.pursuetheoutdoors.com/huntin ... y-scoring/
NateJR
Scout

Post by NateJR »

I don't care what part of the world the environments are based on.. I just want different seasons like spring, summer, fall and winter..

During the spring, the leaves are just starting to come out and vegetation is just starting to coming out of the ground, it's more likely to rain etc. etc. .. During the summer everything is in full bloom, less chance of rain and the days are longer. During the fall the leaves are changing color and the vegetation starts to turn brown, days get shorter etc... And the winter where the ground is covered with snow, the days are short, no leaves on the trees etc... I've only been at the game for a couple weeks and I'm already bored of looking at the same types of environments on every map. I know the new environment looks to be during the fall, now if we could just get a map with snow and no leaves on the trees etc. would make this game so much better. Kind of annoying when I'm looking outside my window and there's snow on the ground and I hunt in the snow IRL every year, yet I can't on a game that cost approx. $50 a year yet I can buy a game for $10 (DH2005) and hunt in the snow.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”