Animation suggestions go here:

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Ludante
Outfitter

Re: Animation suggestions go here:

Post by Ludante »

Huntamaz wrote:
waapug1980 wrote: I checked out another game this past week due to my extended vacation from work. Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts. All of their games remind me of duck hunt for the most part. This one not as much as others. Being said they seem to be on to something. All I can say is that the "animal animations" seem to have greatly surpassed thehunter. The deer on their maps are on a mission!! Although I'm not real sure to what that is due to the lack of freedom on that game. The animals are disturbingly fluid in their motions and gestures. They appear extremely realistic and highly aware of their surroundings.
As I stopped playing "TheHunter" because of the mentioned realism problems I mentioned in a other thread (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65236) I also gave Cabela's Pro Hunts a shot - and I was suprisingly amused! Great animation, good spooking system and even the weapon balance works better! The only cons were the diversity of antlers and the "small" hunting ground compared to the huge maps of TheHunter.

All I can say is if Cabela's Pro Hunts would have a good multiplayer, TheHunter would be in serious truoble...
I saw Cabela`s videos on Youtube, guy commenting my hunting all the time telling me what to do and slow motion bullets like in Sniper Elite 8-)
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

yeah... crappy game for a killshot montage :mrgreen:
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

When you spot an animal, where it says gender, it either says male or female. I think that this should be a it more specific. For example, when spotting a mule deer, instead of male or female, it should say buck or doe, or with an elk, instead of male and female, say bull and cow. Just a suggestion.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
MooseHunter330
Outfitter

Post by MooseHunter330 »

Yeah, but some non-hunting people wouldn´t understand.
Spends all the gold and money to buy new weapons in the shape of guns.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

MooseHunter330 wrote:Yeah, but some non-hunting people wouldn´t understand.
Yeah, I guess that you're right. ;)

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:
theHunter is the most realistic hunting simulation out there?!
It should totally state elk/buck cow/doe... rather than just male and female.
Spoiler:
BBDark

Post by BBDark »

Retrievers should wag their tails up sometimes.
Mhaley45
Spotter

Post by Mhaley45 »

Welcome to the team.

The 50cal muzzleloader's loading animation shows the ball offset from the barrel and the ball stays in view even as the ram rod is packing it down.

I think you could sell a lot of re-skinning of weapons. Have different color options, and camo finishes. I would love an "old used" look to my 30-06. color variations on the stock, some scratches, etc.

For our new dogs, they should watch thier owners more, wag thier tails more, maybe even shake the water off after a swimming retrieve.

Now the most important animation that needs to be improved is the Hunter crouching movement animation. We look just plain awful.

In-game name = LyleGoodman
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

iz_da wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:
theHunter is the most realistic hunting simulation out there?!
It should totally state elk/buck cow/doe... rather than just male and female.
ok, I'm with you but what about a male phasant isn't that a ****?

:lol: Censorship starts when you can't write the zoological correct term for a male chicken in a hunter game forum :lol:
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

I don't konw if the game engine allows it, but when the dogs run or swim in circles their backs boodies look very stiff, would be great if their backs could have a bit more realistic look.

and btw., bit more realistic movements for the playermodels would be great also. maybe with some mo-cap anims for them?

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”