Animation suggestions go here:

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: Animation suggestions go here:

Post by hunterPRO1 »

HogSqueak wrote:
Predatorium wrote:Just add the old character animations back in game. Todays character animations are so bad...
I like the old animations too... Those from 2012. They felt smoother and more realistic and these now are kinda robot like.
the old animations had so much more life to them, the little bit of fidgeting or moving the rifle to look at it was nice, the recoil on most weapons was much more explosive, and the callers were better too, individual clicks for each cluck of the turkey call, putting in the mouth piece for the elk caller, seems like there was another detail that i cant recall. these details are what originally sold me on the game.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Re: Animations

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

More animations for callers, weapons and especially animals won't hurt. :)
shootax

Re: Animation suggestions go here:

Post by shootax »

is there any chance a smoking barrel on any guns to make it reallistic?
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

Predatorium wrote:
I dont know why this animations where removed.
i asked the devs back in 2013 when multiplayer was launched, there was an event in mIRC i think.
They said, they had to make new animation because the point of view outside the character model. That's why the arm lift unnatural ingame while holding a gun.
Also the Hand Modelling is not round and smooth as before. In my opinion they rushed the modelling because the community requested multiplayer or maybe the old animator was not in the developer team anymore...

I maybe do a comparision video in the future, but i think the most players (>2014) doesn't know the old animations and also doesn't care.
Brutus969
Scout

Post by Brutus969 »

I'm curious about these old animations that some people miss. Would like to see a vid of them.
What weapon earns you the most from missions? How can I see at a glance all the missions I can currently do in a given reserve? Check out https://missionitemtool.herokuapp.com/

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Predatorium wrote:Please add the good old character animations. I can remember how he looked at his weapon and the "buggle" elk call animations where AWESOME! He put first something in his mounth and then blow in the caller...

I dont know why this animations where removed.

The 243. "Wood" had more scraches and had a much better skin.
The most animals don't have drinking animations, like whitetail deer. They just go in water and turn back. Sometimes they don't even reach the water.

I tried to complete the whole day of whitetail and couln't find out the drinking times.

5-7 feed
8-9 sleep
9-10 feed
12-1sleep
18-19 eat
... plz help me complete the whitetail day
10-12 drink as they must do it at some point?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Brutus969 wrote:I'm curious about these old animations that some people miss. Would like to see a vid of them.
* old animations - nothing fancy really
* weapons not in front of your chest
* old inventory
* binos in left hand
* huntermate swaying up and down
* exact animal info on spotting at top level
* airshot pheasants drop like rocks
* old harvest screen
* music after harvest

At the very end you can also see a scrolling message at the bottom when ranking in a competition. This message would also appear if someone else ranked in the top 10 of a competition you were in. This feature was one of the biggest losses caused by the server and user interface overhaul in June 2013 (intro of multiiplayer).
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

last bit you have on top now instead? though you don´t get message if somebody passes you?

Don´t remember the weapon stance. But I believe I was here when hirsch was released. I remember them lowering the rifle so you hardly saw it for a while then raised it again?
EricGiftzahn
Tracker

Post by EricGiftzahn »

knott wrote:I remember them lowering the rifle so you hardly saw it for a while then raised it again?
true, rifle was lower before mp launch. It looked more natural then nowdays. You can check this in freelook by looking to you arm while holding a rifle. The arm is hard shaped and holding is a little bit off.
afterall the old character and holding animation was a more immersive to watch. Especially when you walk 90% of your time with the huntermate in your hand while playing. The current animation looks a little bit clunky for me. But it is what it is.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

same sentiments here, i get nostalgic watching old pre-multiplayer videos

the old animations were much more fluid and lifelike, not as robotic as todays. also were more accurate, the shotgun reload animation along with others is to fast on top of other things that are wrong.

the inventory as well, i liked the old square system abit more then the weight system we have now, took some of getting used to at the change.

and the menu background and harvest screen was nice, much more detailed then now, you could see the edges of the hunter mate in the harvest screen and the menu felt warmer. its been just plain old grey for so long, still doesnt feel quite right going into it.

the jingle gives me some nostalgia aswell, though its not as important as the above.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”