Animation suggestions go here:

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
gas56
Outfitter

Re: Animation suggestions go here:

Post by gas56 »

There is something about waterfowl hunting that is amiss in the hunter that to me lacks reactions of hit and downed ducks and all waterfowl.
As actually I hunted ducks IRL there is just some animations that could be really made to look realistically better than it is now,
as it is the constant things that keep me interested in how the game works while playing it.
1st of all the overall way the different flocks of ducks come in all at once.... 5 minutes nothing then here comes 3 flocks flying overhead from different directions.
And recycling ducks is not the best way to make flocks to be used over and over.
But next is where the animation of ducks could really propel the game to more realistic game making.
1. Ducks in the game where shot and feathers puff off. This is such simple animation where the duck keeps flying away but is recycled to be shot later needs changed. Recycling is Obsolete. Ducks don't come back in the same day to be shot later by the same hunter. Jeeeesh......
2. Wing shots? There are none in the game. And damn, in real life it happens all the time. The wings are spread and make a more wider viable target.
3. Falling ducks after air shots should try to keep flapping wings but cannot stay airborne if a wing is broken, not all ducks fall straight down and bounce off the water or ground like a ball. And various ways of falling ducks would be even more appealing to watch. All ducks do not fall the same way, because all ducks do not always die immediately. (like the recycled ducks... :lol: )
4. Dog retrieval. A. When a hurt duck is grounded or on the water the dog takes care of killing the waterfowl, and will be dead by the time it gets back to you. Sometimes it isn't IRL but in the game it would probably be better if it was. B. If not hunting with a dog then if close enough to harvest the waterfowl you would take care of killing it while picking it up with the Hunter Mate into your game bag.
5. Every tiny detail is not needed but a basis of what should happen is to make the game more appealing watching more animations that would copy real life.
There is a lot more animations but for now this is enough to think about.
I hope you can imagine how it works by what I've said, or look up on the internet and watch some real duck hunting to give you an idea what I'm talking about.
Have a good 1................GAS
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

How about a Squirrel tree based on EuroRabbit/Hare warren holes?
They may not be able to climb trees but they could use the elevator..... :lol:
walt133
Hunter

Post by walt133 »

gas56 wrote:How about a Squirrel tree based on EuroRabbit/Hare warren holes?
Not a bad plan at all! That looks great.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

gas56 wrote:How about a Squirrel tree based on EuroRabbit/Hare warren holes?
I forgot to mention: If a squirrel was shot while on a branch the animation could knock it out of the tree onto the ground if it died right away or where it would have
to enter the ground hole therefore if it died inside the tree it would be recoverable at the ground hole.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I was thinking why the game can't run two animations at the same time.
For example: When we press "Tab" to bring out the huntermate, during the "bringing out" animation, we can't go crouch or prone. You have to wait until the "bringing out" animation finished then you can go prone!
I know bringing in/out items might take 1 or 2 seconds. But seconds is important especially when the animal is so close! Gameplay will become smoother if the game could run two animations at a time.

Just imagine that suddenly you see an animal is coming to you and the distance is less than 20 meters. You should act like this with the current situation:
"Press 1 or 2 to bring out the weapon. (~3 sec)
And after the "Bringing out" animation is over, then you can get prone!(~2 Sec)"

It might take 5 or 6 seconds and that moment the animal is so much close to you!

But if the game could run two animations at the same time:
"Press 1 or 2 to bring out the weapon. (~3 sec)
During that 3 sec, you can go prone and you don't need to spend that 2 extra sec to go prone! So, you'll have 2 or 3 extra sec to act what to do!"

This will help a lot with big games and trophies for sure!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

What about working the WT Ptarmigans in TT like they work in V.D.B. & Hemmeldal.
Right now they are way too skittish and are way to hard to get close enough to shoot them.
Put some A.I. change to help the animations with them.
Real upland birds like Ptarmigans & Grouse tire with each time they're flushed, and do not fly as far as they now do.
It is very unrealistic the way they behave flying in little circles before flying in a straight path when they are flushed.
And WT Ptarmigans hardly spook and flush until you almost step on them.
Another problem with TT is that you have way too many large pine tree's in the high country.
and it's pretty sparse up there with just rocks and boulders.
If the habitat looked that dense on TT with trees in the high country there should be Elk, Mule Deer, and Grizzly Bear up there also.
You should only be able to find small Junipers and some shrubs that high with the rock croppings, that's where you would fine the WT Ptarmigans.
Please think about that.
Have a good 1...................GAS
that0n3guy

Post by that0n3guy »

When reloading the 20 GA semi-automatic shotgun, I didn't see the gun action being cocked/primed. Technically, that means on the first load, all the shells are inserted into the tube, none gets chambered - the first round automagically teleports into the chamber. I'd suggest adding a cocking mechanism when reloading.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Not sure if its already implimented as I dont yet have any weapons leveled up to 20, but as a skilled irl hunter I dont need to lower my weapon to reload it so long as theres another bullet in the magazine. I find lowering my rifle to slide the bolt and load another round just to shoulder my gun again a bit tedious and time consuming, not to mension losing my target when changing back and forth from looking through my scope.
This doesnt apply just to bolt actions but to lever actions as well. If I recall correctly, pump action shottys dont require lowering while hunting game. Cracks and muzzleloaders and any other single shot weapon (bows exempt) should remain with the lower weapon animation.

If the lower weapon animation could be removed at level 20 on all applicable weapons once a hunter is more than skilled and familliar with his weapon, I think many hunters here would welcome that.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Here's an animation for ya:
Animal Attack animations. Some of these animals (e.g. bears, bison) seem less like an animal and more of a furry car that's about to run you over. :lol:
If those animations could be implemented, then we won't have to see someone's friend being launched 40m away from that animal. Instead of being thrown around like a sack of rubber potato toys, we could become either 'minced meat' or 'tender rib-eye steaks'.

I Love Big Racks
paul2012
Tracker

Its been awful quiet about the animations

Post by paul2012 »

I've noticed there hasn't been any mention of the animations(FPP & 3PP) in the status updates an in the forums recently. :? Unless I've been missing something.
They did update some of the animations a while back ie the anschutz and classic bolt actions and lever guns among others. Although I was a bit disappointed with those I took it as a sign that things where headed in the right direction. However, other than some new weapons with smooth new animations, we haven't seen any progress since, nor any word of it which is a little concerning. Anyone else have have any thoughts/ concerns about the animations? They are the most in-your-face aspects of the game after all.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”