Animation suggestions go here:

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Shorty
EW Staff
EW Staff

Animation suggestions go here:

Post by Shorty »

Hi Guys!

I'm new to the Hunter project and I will be responsible for new animations and updating old ones.
My first assignment is to get a greater picture of what we need to look into when it comes down to animations.
I know you guys sit on a wealth of data here so...just bring it on! 8-) Anything animation related goes.
(of course I cant promise to fix all all of it but I promise to take everything into consideration.)
bucknasty
Chat Logger

Re: Animation suggestions goes here:

Post by bucknasty »

well since there is no seasonal behavior determined as of yet..i would love to see bucks locking antlers and sparing with each other...also i think the tail needs to be reversed when getting shot..that reminds me..most the time in real life when i shoot a buck he jumps up and sorta arches his back from being startled and then takes off all in almost one motion..im sure u can find videos of what im talkin about...thats all for now and welcome to our community.
maxsisac
Hog Hunter

Post by maxsisac »

welcome to our lovely community
ReinierK
Outfitter

Post by ReinierK »

Welcome shorty!
Would it be a good idea to move this thread to the "Suggestions" forum and sticky it?
As it is also closely related to the animals discussion going on there and I'm sure a couple of people have some great and interesting ideas about animation!

Cheers,
Reinier.
ReinierK
Outfitter

Post by ReinierK »

Great, it's moved! :D
I, for one, would like to see some more variations in animal behavior, especially "idle" animations, like nose licking, but also "arbitrary" stuff like scatting/pooping and peeing (not the most charming, but realistic).

I think it would also be a good idea if deer would stop and snap their head when you call them, before they even consider coming your way. That would be a good animation to see.

As far as hogs go: I'd like to see some rolling in mud and things like that ;-)
SevenSins
Tracker

Post by SevenSins »

My suggestion: DIFFERENT death animations, particularly ones that vary based on where the animal was shot. Currently if you make a kill shot, if the animal doesn't run, it just falls over like a ragdoll. By contrast, take a look at around 2:12-2:20 on this video, for example, of an Elk. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFtxM2muohk Lighter deer don't usually fall that way but they normally don't just fall over dead either. Same with animations for animals that are hit, but it's not a kill shot. What about animals that are struck in a leg (though that would be part animation, and part tweaking of behavior as well)?
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

lo shorty :)

rutting of deers like suggested . would be awesome but as long as its not every two minutes and just occasional.

can turkeys land in trees ? dont know maybe a idea

coyotees play fighting maybe each other messing about .

fish in lakes maybe topping ;) think this would be awesome on maybe loggers in the small ponds and on southern island.

smaller animals if your field added like birds or squirrels (these were worked on before but caused to much fps loss .) or rabbits
Shorty
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Shorty »

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! :) How about weapon animations? Is there some weapon animation you would like to change or tweak in some way?
INSTG8R
Chat Logger

Post by INSTG8R »

shorty Sjöström wrote:Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! :) How about weapon animations? Is there some weapon animation you would like to change or tweak in some way?
Well the constant fidgeting with items in your hand could definitely go. I'm sure/hope the animals aren't affected by it but is annoying none the less.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

shorty Sjöström wrote:Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! :) How about weapon animations? Is there some weapon animation you would like to change or tweak in some way?

yesssssss speed of reload arming of weapon omg that would be like the bestest ever :lol:

in all seriousness loading a gun when you see a deer close can take forever this can be annoying on long shots if they running towards distance :D

doesnt have to be cod 4 sniper like but a bit quicker and smoother and the shotty is a prime example of slowness ;)

also can we put the item in hand away totally ?

so like we press tab again with pda and it goes completely off screen. most off time i run with binos so i can see more anyway also in screen shots its annoying to have binos in way or pda. imagine a water colour of a beautiful scenery then a giant pair of binos smack in middle :lol:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”