How Will The Hunter Get Money?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Milamber

Re: How Will The Hunter Get Money?

Post by Milamber »

I guess the concern with a free game is that the majority won't pay for subscriptions making it hard for the game company to survive. With a game like The Hunter it will be a selected audience given the genre, so I really hope funding won't be a problem, that's why people need to tell their buddies all about it :)
ibplunderin

Post by ibplunderin »

It is kind of disheartening but once they get some bow hunting in i'm totally going for the membership, that way I can hunt more animals too.
Troyer

Post by Troyer »

newscaster wrote:I just hate the thought of a monthly fee. I would be fine with buying guns and accessories. They could make a lot of money if they focused on developing new things to buy. I think about 1/2 of the people will be turned off by this license fee.
I dont think it would be a monthly fee...its not that type of hunting game...right now theres the warden pass which is basically a one time small payment fee which can go upto 12 months (currently on a special 15 month offer) which is ONLY $44 which is like 20-22 pound here...very cheap for that many months...and if you read the description you get a TON of guarantees and free items INCLUDING free weapons and unlimited ammo aswell as permits to hunt animals and some new cloths...not a bad offer. If they contain there warden passes like that it would not only be good on your money but your getting a bag of goodies but your only talking paying $44 or £20 a year for some fantastic benefits. I hope they keep the warden passes the way they are. They did say about giving out stuff as its released aswell if you are a warden...maybe during your time having a warden pass you should get free clothing, weapons and other stuff as its released so keep you happy.

As its a good deal its keeping the guys at The Hunter happy because its a brilliant offer and more and more people are joining everyday who want to hunt a turkey or an elk OR whitetail so there buying a warden pass!
Troyer

Post by Troyer »

Milamber wrote:I guess the concern with a free game is that the majority won't pay for subscriptions making it hard for the game company to survive. With a game like The Hunter it will be a selected audience given the genre, so I really hope funding won't be a problem, that's why people need to tell their buddies all about it :)
Thats why they narrow is down to only been able to hunt Mule...eventually you will want to hunt something else and try different weapons...so they will go and buy membership to occupy there satisfaction and keep them happy

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”