.243 used on Reindeer

Mashuu
Hunter

.243 used on Reindeer

Post by Mashuu »

Reindeer aren't huge animals by any means. If we can use the .243 on deer, we should be able to use the .243 on Reindeer as well. No reason not too. Just had a nice scoring Reindeer be disqualified, even though it died very quickly.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: .243 used on Reindeer

Post by DYEUZ »

Mashuu wrote:Reindeer aren't huge animals by any means. If we can use the .243 on deer, we should be able to use the .243 on Reindeer as well. No reason not too. Just had a nice scoring Reindeer be disqualified, even though it died very quickly.
...Try to adapt to the game . Don't ask the game to adapt to you , it never was like that .
Plenty of other weapons you can use on the Majestic Reindeer . I see over 15 other weapons good for him , not enough ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

A reindeer is significantly larger than a deer. More than twice their size. .243 doesn't seem ethical to me. Just because it can be used to kill one doesn't mean that it should be.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I can't imagine them adding species to the only replenished rifle ammo at this stage of the game.
Burning Bridges
Hunter

Post by Burning Bridges »

Tbh I would rather want to know why there is not a 243 with a magazine.

But the point of the 243 we have was always the free, simle, single shot weapon for beginners, and if you allow the next biggest animals you can always extend the line even further (if a Reindeer is allowed then a Sambar Deer qualifies too and if a Sambar then a Red Deer and Elk and then a moose and so on). The line was drawn at deer, and I think that's accepted after so many years.
TKH

Post by TKH »

in Austria it´s very common to unse 243 for red deer

Return to “Weapons & Weapon Accessory Suggestions”