My Thoughts/Peaves/Bugs List that I would Like To See Fixed/Changed.

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
trulight
Scout

My Thoughts/Peaves/Bugs List that I would Like To See Fixed/Changed.

Post by trulight »

Just going to list a few off the top of my head, no diss to the devs as they have been bringing lots of new life into the game. But these are some of the things that drive me bonkers lol.

1.) (BUG) Multiplayer goose/duck hunting not favorable at all. The short story of is if your in a multiplayer game with friends/randoms the geese/ducks/birds will stop breaking from the flock after a few breaks happen rendering bird hunting on an mp server pointless until the server is restarted. Fuller description/info here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ak#p994603
Not to mention how many times I have to explain to players that come in after they have already been broken, that they aren't working, and then why.

2.) (Qol Change) The warmup time after placing a bait site or refilling one is 4 hours, and if you shoot an animal it's 30 minutes, surely we could find some better middle ground here, 4 hours in gaming nowadays is a very long time, especially when a lot of us are busy with real life, and just want to get in and hunt. 30 minutes to an hour is all it should take imho just like if it's on penalty. I hate having to set something up way ahead of time just to use it for a hunt or two.

3.) (Qol Change) Shooting Stands: Currently i believe these are the worst enhancement you can get, as they don't really add much stabilization to be worth their high cost or space they consume in inventory. The problem with these is they base your stabilization off from a standing position, and doesn't provide nearly as much stabilization as just shooting from crouched. They need to be improved.

4.) (Qol Change) Ground Blind Stabilization. Stabilization was added to a lot of other things, but this one was completely overlooked.

5.) (Qol Change) Ground Mats: Really wish we could use these out in the field on live animals, I don't see why it was chosen to not let us use them.

6.) (BUG) Dogs still retriveving drifting birds, drag them like kites back to you, and if your in a ground blind they will shoot off like a jet fighter to some random location tens of hundreds of meters away, providing they don't launch you out of the ground blind into space.

7.) (Pet Peave) ENOUGH with the shooting airborne birds with bows on missions (Yes they can be done, but if your going to do something like this, provide us with actual bird arrowheads) These really really need to be changed. Especially when you've done this mission for yourself and numerous times with your friends, just to see a canada goose shot with longbow flying off with an arrow still in it. (Id rather spend gms/ems on different weapons on last missions then have to shoot them with a bow, which just seems unethical without proper arrow heads.

8.) (Qol Change) Animals that don't have callers/attractants (Enough said in my oppinion fill out the gaps)

9.) (BUG) Localization problems. I love seeing weapons in other languages then my own when someone else shoots in multiplayer. I see the german weapon name if the other player has theirs set to german in MP.

These are just a few of mine, and they are my personal oppinions but the 2 bugs I listed are YEARS old and still have not been addressed. I'd love to spend more gms/ems on setups to i can have multiple places for others to hunt birds, and not all piled in a blind with me. But when i do 2 or 3 bird setups around the map, we run into the birds stopping breaking after about 20 minutes.

What's some of yours, hopefully the devs see this, as a lot of the bug ones, have gotten buried over the years.
Last edited by trulight on April 1st, 2023, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: My Thoughts/Peaves/Bugs List that I would Like To See Fixed/Changed.

Post by Alphamale1956 »

trulight wrote:Just going to list a few off the top of my head, no diss to the devs as they have been bringing lots of new life into the game. But these are some of the things that drive me bonkers lol.

1.) (BUG) Multiplayer goose/duck hunting not favorable at all. The short story of is if your in a multiplayer game with friends/randoms the geese/ducks/birds will stop breaking from the flock after a few breaks happen rendering bird hunting on an mp server pointless until the server is restarted. Fuller description/info here: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... ak#p994603
Not to mention how many times I have to explain to players that come in after they have already been broken, that they aren't working, and then why.

2.) (Qol Change) The warmup time after placing a bait site or refilling one is 4 hours, and if you shoot an animal it's 30 minutes, surely we could find some better middle ground here, 4 hours in gaming nowadays is a very long time, especially when a lot of us are busy with real life, and just want to get in and hunt. 30 minutes to an hour is all it should take imho just like if it's on penalty. I hate having to set something up way ahead of time just to use it for a hunt or two.

3.) (Qol Change) Shooting Stands: Currently i believe these are the worst enhancement you can get, as they don't really add much stabilization to be worth their high cost or space they consume in inventory. The problem with these is they base your stabilization off from a standing position, and doesn't provide nearly as much stabilization as just shooting from crouched. They need to be improved.

4.) (Qol Change) Ground Blind Stabilization. Stabilization was added to a lot of other things, but this one was completely overlooked.

5.) (Qol Change) Ground Mats: Really wish we could use these out in the field on live animals, I don't see why it was chosen to not let us use them.

6.) (BUG) Dogs still retriveving drifting birds, drag them like kites back to you, and if your in a ground blind they will shoot off like a jet fighter to some random location tens of hundreds of meters away, providing they don't launch you out of the ground blind into space.

7.) (Pet Peave) ENOUGH with the shooting airborne birds with bows on missions (Yes they can be done, but if your going to do something like this, provide us with actual bird arrowheads) These really really need to be changed. Especially when you've done this mission for yourself and numerous times with your friends, just to see a canada goose shot with longbow flying off with an arrow still in it. (Id rather spend gms/ems on different weapons on last missions then have to shoot them with a bow, which just seems unethical without proper arrow heads.

8.) (Qol Change) Animals that don't have callers/attractants (Enough said in my oppinion fill out the gaps)

These are just a few of mine, and they are my personal oppinions but the 2 bugs I listed are YEARS old and still have not been addressed. I'd love to spend more gms/ems on setups to i can have multiple places for others to hunt birds, and not all piled in a blind with me. But when i do 2 or 3 bird setups around the map, we run into the birds stopping breaking after about 20 minutes.

What's some of yours, hopefully the devs see this, as a lot of the bug ones, have gotten buried over the years.
Nicely said...
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

10.) (Qol Change) Hunting Guess: The ranges of guess even at level 20 are insane, can we make those scale a little better.

11.) (Qol Change) Whiterime Ridge: Gamma/Brightess Way Way too much can we get those toned down, many have been asking for it for YEARS.

12.) (Map Bug) Whiterime Ridge: Animals Get stuck under the ice on occasions, last time i noticed it was Around (-4368, -11416)
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Against your number 8, no need for every animal to have callers or scents. Would make the hunting boring IMHO.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

13.) (Bug) Aimpoint sights when you alt tab out of the game to check the launcher for missions/comps etc etc the dot disappears until you take the scope off and put it back on.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

14.) Bug/Improvement: Every single one of Redfeather Falls travel missions are set to single player by group. While every other travel mission is multiplayer.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

trulight wrote:13.) (Bug) Aimpoint sights when you alt tab out of the game to check the launcher for missions/comps etc etc the dot disappears until you take the scope off and put it back on.
Couldn't edit my own post, but this one has been fixed.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

15.) (BUG) 12ga Maisto Shotgun does not report to UI when it levels up.
16.) (QOL) First aid kits don't stack, nor do camping supplies, and they don't get any lighter when you use them up. Or better yet allow us to split them.
Last edited by trulight on May 9th, 2023, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TurboKid
Tracker

Post by TurboKid »

Hi Trulight, I don't want to add straight to your list, but would you add for me

(Qol Change) First aid kits do not stack like ammo. Making them stack would be a great Qol.
I.E. Right now 8 first aid kits. 3-2-2-1 In four different stacks.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

17.) (Caller Sounds) A lot of the callers, the deer grunt, elk call, and some of the others the volume levels when using are all over the place, or lower then every other caller.
18.) (QoL) Pointers, when used on rabbits/birds get WORSE as they level up, because they point at them over 50 to 100m away maybe more.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”