New scopes and Guns

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
buckmaster1211
Spotter

New scopes and Guns

Post by buckmaster1211 »

I would love to see a scope with a built-in range finder! Plus a semi-auto high-powered gun! Like a 308, 30-06, 8x57, etc.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Re: New scopes and Guns

Post by FullDiesel »

Nope and nope. The scope with built in range finder and a powerful semi auto gun are not such a good idea because this is a hunting game not a commando simulation game. You're going hunting which is not the same with going full commando on the wildlife, there are other games for that.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Depends on where, how and what you hunt. B.A.R and F.N.s in 308 were used extensively in New Zealand for red deer and pigs during the 80s and 90s by meat hunters both ground and chopper shooting. I myself used a Mini 14 over about 20 years before retiring from hunting due to health issues. Using these guns wont make you a better or worse hunter. They are after all only tools.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I say no to both.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
buckmaster1211
Spotter

Post by buckmaster1211 »

FullDiesel wrote:Nope and nope. The scope with built in range finder and a powerful semi auto gun are not such a good idea because this is a hunting game not a commando simulation game. You're going hunting which is not the same with going full commando on the wildlife, there are other games for that.
They already got a 'SEMI" auto gun in the game the .223! Semi-auto guns are very common and popular in the hunting world! I myself own a few! My fav 7mm browning semi-auto! Side note I did not say full auto like a machine gun! lol
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

One shot is plenty.
One shot...one kill.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
FullDiesel
Tracker

Post by FullDiesel »

buckmaster1211 wrote:
FullDiesel wrote:Nope and nope. The scope with built in range finder and a powerful semi auto gun are not such a good idea because this is a hunting game not a commando simulation game. You're going hunting which is not the same with going full commando on the wildlife, there are other games for that.
They already got a 'SEMI" auto gun in the game the .223! Semi-auto guns are very common and popular in the hunting world! I myself own a few! My fav 7mm browning semi-auto! Side note I did not say full auto like a machine gun! lol
The .223! Semi-auto is for small game. That's pretty hard to catch if you miss once, so it's understandable. Not everything that's common or so called legit in some parts of this world is also the right thing.

Once upon a time people used to fish with dynamite, and it was fun and nobody had anything to say at that time, now it's considered a malicious practice pretty much everywhere, and those people from those past times are considered barbarians. Who knows what people of the future will say about us if we start hunting with: silencers, thermal googles, semi autos or even full autos as you've mentioned, scopes with a bit of laser technology within etc. These practices might seem cool now, 'cause you know, it's the latest technology used on the wildlife who have to deal with it only with their native senses. But when this technology will become obsolete, those from the future will consider it barbaric, and will turn back to more conventional ways of hunting, just as fishing it's done now mainly with the harpoon or the fishing rod.
Elmer Fudd is the ultimate hunter. He never catches the wabbit, but he never gives up ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

There was a time when hunting over bait was accepted by everybody (almost). Not so much now and it's not legal in a lot of states.

Times change. We're leaning to fair chase hunting now and I like seeing that.

I know this is a game but that's no reason to go buck wild and blast everything in site. You can still be a responsible hunter.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

a Remington 742 in -06 with a really expensive scope is hardly a "commando" rifle.
It's not like he's some CoD kid asking for an m4 and frags.

Semi-auto weapons are perfectly reasonable. Unlike in cotw, the animals in classic actually run from you when you shoot, so if you miss your first shot it's not like you will still be able to wipe a whole herd. if some one does go wild, any animals they spray at will just be wounded and they'll be tracking forever. I doubt anyone does it a second time after having to spend an hour tracking the buck and 2 does they shot. it's a self-correcting issue.

I find it hypocritical that everyone complains about semi's allowing a quick follow-up shot or two for a skilled shooter, but no one cares that almost anybody can wipe out entire herds with a bow without them ever noticing.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

OldMtnMan wrote:There was a time when hunting over bait was accepted by everybody (almost). Not so much now and it's not legal in a lot of states.

Times change. We're leaning to fair chase hunting now and I like seeing that.

I know this is a game but that's no reason to go buck wild and blast everything in site. You can still be a responsible hunter.
Not everyone is like you and wants to hunt the way you do. But you seem to point it out at every turn. It's like a broken record.

As for the topic i'd love to see a semi auto high powered rifle. I own and use 6 Different ones when I hunt IRL as well. ALSO i'd like to point out this is a GAME
not real life, and personally In this game i'd love baiting/calling everything, Having a few more rounds I can send on an animal, and rangefinders in a scope would be cool.

Secondly i'd love gps tracking knocks on bolts and arrows as well. (I use these in real life as well)

As far as the states go it's about half and half on the states 22 allow it 28 don't.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”