Werewolf tips

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Michaelairjordan

Werewolf tips

Post by Michaelairjordan »

If your having trouble seeing turn your brightness all the way up,use yellow tint glasses, put on the tint
jack30286
Tracker

Re: Werewolf tips

Post by jack30286 »

Wear a ghillie suit to make more noise while running minus Van Helsing hat and hockey mask. It also appears to help to whistle every few seconds to draw out wolves sooner and from farther away. I do this to prevent side attacks.
Spoiler:
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Do you think the whistling actually makes them react?

I had one a ways off, that didn't react to whistles at all....

My biggest problem with these is their evasiveness. Its crazy how they will swerve away at the last moment to swing around and attack from the side. This happens on roads too, which are completely obstacle free. These things were awful to hunt!
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

I think it helps to trigger calls from the werewolf. I know you can't stand in one spot and whistle to get werewolves to come to your position. I could be way off base with the whistle triggering calls, but this is what I do.
Spoiler:
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

jack30286 wrote: minus Van Helsing hat
This hat is sold in Store as a werewolf attractant. Why do you claim the opposite ?

Running is normally frowned upon, but in this case it is a good idea, as werewolves seem unspooked by it, and you cover more ground.

To overcome the last minute swerve, try walking backwards with weapon aimed, the moment you see them approach.
Spoiler:
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Kinarr wrote:
This hat is sold in Store as a werewolf attractant. Why do you claim the opposite ?
Wear the ghillie suit set but sub in the Van Helsing hat and hockey mask.
Running backwards helps a lot with the swerve, but they still will do it occasionally.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

jack30286 wrote:
Kinarr wrote:
Wear the ghillie suit set but sub in the Van Helsing hat and hockey mask.
Running backwards helps a lot with the swerve, but they still will do it occasionally.
The hockey mask and ghillie suit adds camouflage. If you are trying to attract them, just wear the Van Helsing hat.

The running backward is not to prevent the swerve, it's to give you an extra second to react.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Ghillie suit adds more noise and I chose the artic winter ghillie suit. Running backwards gives you time to line up the approach of werewolf hopefully in a area free of obstructions which usually negates swerving as well as giving a extra second to aim and shoot.
Spoiler:
Takoygekakvse

Post by Takoygekakvse »

jack30286 wrote:Wear a ghillie suit to make more noise while running minus Van Helsing hat and hockey mask. It also appears to help to whistle every few seconds to draw out wolves sooner and from farther away. I do this to prevent side attacks.
Did you mean the usual decoy for the animal, and not the whistle that scares the bird? THIS IS?
Spoiler:
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

WhIstle that flushes out birds. I am not positive this helps, but have seen it trigger calls hundreds of times from werewolves coincidence or not. The crossbow pistol will also take out charging bears hit anywhere on the body. The kill won't count but will save you a death.
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”