Grizzlys

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
knott
Outfitter

Grizzlys

Post by knott »

Curious where people hunt them?

Animal map make you believe you should travel South of the lodges. Tricky terrain but with the grizzlys love to charge not much of an issue I suppose. I have mostly hunted on the northgoing river and there certainly is some there but mostly female and tired of tent spawning do to speak.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Grizzlys

Post by HooCairs »

There is always at least one or two when starting at the western lodge and going up on that hill north-west of it. Then from there go east through the hills. For a long time only some wolves and elk will compete with the grizzlies for who is getting the next call.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

middle river and ponds.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

HooCairs wrote:There is always at least one or two when starting at the western lodge and going up on that hill north-west of it. Then from there go east through the hills. For a long time only some wolves and elk will compete with the grizzlies for who is getting the next call.
They are that rare? Tried that route at 8:00. Found one female grizzly but it was enough to kill me :D Didn´t have any first aid but continued east and a bit north from the camp again. No bear tracks at all but seemed to at least be decent for wolves. Some rookie elk too. When mule does start to bark it´s time to call it a day I suppose lol

The spot on the river I do tend to get at least 2-3 bears so that is not to bad then I suppose. It produces 2-3 pumas, mule hordes, rookies and wolves too which is why I find myself grinding it way to much. It was really nice taking a trip in the forest though will try again at different times.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

HooCairs wrote:There is always at least one or two when starting at the western lodge and going up on that hill north-west of it. Then from there go east through the hills. For a long time only some wolves and elk will compete with the grizzlies for who is getting the next call.
Also from here you can go south and follow the road east and you’ll find bears traveling east in the southern mountains. I find it more enjoyable to focus on animals I can call in knowing that getting the grizzly call is almost inevitable and then I stalk grizzly once I get that call. The .74R O/U is really useful here because of the thick vegetation and I know I can drop the bear from range.

Everything I said applies same for anywhere along the rivers and lakes.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yeah only grizzly could quickly get tedious. If they didn´t always give away their attack there would be more tension :D I went back to my usual trip though. I feel really cheap doing it but it works... This time I instantly got a call from a male. On the way there I spot track of another male. After the first male tried to attack and I didn´t really bother because I preferr blondes I went back to track the other male. Then I get a call from a third female. Ignoring that continue tracking I then spot a blond male!... Then of course as always a female bear try to make it impossible for me to approach without spooking it. Needed it for a .454 mission... But managed t avoid her and get the blonde. I believe he is the one I tracked but potentially 5 bears in the vicinity within 15 minutes of starting the hunt and not even using any camping supplies.
Can probably guess by my setup what area I like to abuse for all but big horn and the birds :)

Return to “Fan Guides”