Golden Treestand

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Santos2
Tracker

Golden Treestand

Post by Santos2 »

This spot still working in 2021,few years ago it was insane and these days im using it again,today it gives me this in 40 minutes.Happy weekend :mrgreen: :D

I forgot to post what were the benefits:

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: Golden Treestand

Post by curlyCoyote »

One of the best trees stands on WHI in my opinion, but I still prefer the one on the horizontal road like 500 meters south-east. I prefer it because I get no coyotes, and I hate trying to dorp coyotes since they always all spook no matter how good of a shot you make.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

I find that if I place a predator motion decoy near my treestand or where I may be prone out in the field it completely changes the behavior of the coyotes and foxes. They walk in to the decoy rather then trot in, and they will stand by the decoy for a moment, allowing for a better bow shot. Essential equipment for dealing with foxes and coyotes.

I have tried treestands at the 'golden' spot, and on the horizontal road SE, and at the crossroads SE. Not sure that I have noticed a big difference between any of those spots, or even between the towers by there. It all a good area for everything on the island except bobcats.
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

curlyCoyote wrote:One of the best trees stands on WHI in my opinion, but I still prefer the one on the horizontal road like 500 meters south-east. I prefer it because I get no coyotes, and I hate trying to dorp coyotes since they always all spook no matter how good of a shot you make.
If u can send me a screenshoot of your treestand i should try :D

Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

jttoo wrote:I find that if I place a predator motion decoy near my treestand or where I may be prone out in the field it completely changes the behavior of the coyotes and foxes. They walk in to the decoy rather then trot in, and they will stand by the decoy for a moment, allowing for a better bow shot. Essential equipment for dealing with foxes and coyotes.

I have tried treestands at the 'golden' spot, and on the horizontal road SE, and at the crossroads SE. Not sure that I have noticed a big difference between any of those spots, or even between the towers by there. It all a good area for everything on the island except bobcats.
Never tried where u are telling me,i placed this treestand few years ago and when i need turkeys or blacktails i come here. :lol:

jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Santos2 wrote:Never tried where u are telling me,i placed this treestand few years ago and when i need turkeys or blacktails i come here. :lol:
Have you tried the towers in that area Santos? They are pretty good, if you need to use the treestand elsewhere. The only problem I have with the towers is the glitching that happen when you get into the corners and are trying to shoot straight down. I have had SO many animals spook because of this, I find that I don't like using the towers anymore as it can end up being a complete waste of time because you spooked everything while trying to line up the shot, and you glitch-out, and they all run for the hills!

The towers here in Whitehart seem tall enough that you never have to worry about spooking the prey due to scent. Towers in all the other reserves, and the portable tower, all seem too short and spook everything when they get real close. Oh well, need to buy more treestands I guess....
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

jttoo wrote:
Santos2 wrote:Never tried where u are telling me,i placed this treestand few years ago and when i need turkeys or blacktails i come here. :lol:
Have you tried the towers in that area Santos? They are pretty good, if you need to use the treestand elsewhere. The only problem I have with the towers is the glitching that happen when you get into the corners and are trying to shoot straight down. I have had SO many animals spook because of this, I find that I don't like using the towers anymore as it can end up being a complete waste of time because you spooked everything while trying to line up the shot, and you glitch-out, and they all run for the hills!

The towers here in Whitehart seem tall enough that you never have to worry about spooking the prey due to scent. Towers in all the other reserves, and the portable tower, all seem too short and spook everything when they get real close. Oh well, need to buy more treestands I guess....
Yes the tower is bad to shoot animals nearly

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

People try the Golden Treestand because of its name, and it will always deliver, just as any treestand or tower in that entire area does. And you will always find someone who has a place that is just a little bit better, me including. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

HooCairs wrote:People try the Golden Treestand because of its name, and it will always deliver, just as any treestand or tower in that entire area does. And you will always find someone who has a place that is just a little bit better, me including. ;)
:D :roll:

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Return to “Fan Guides”