Coyote Map

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
904FloridaMan

Coyote Map

Post by 904FloridaMan »

Hello all,

Just returning from a long break from game. Was hoping someone had good coyote map places to hunt if you can post a picture of your setup it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced
muledeer
Hunter

Re: Coyote Map

Post by muledeer »

curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

muledeer wrote:

Pretty good tent spot for coyotes as well as bobcats and wt's. I would suggest putting a tent on my X, so it only takes 1 camping supply to fast travel instead of 2 when you spawn in the south lodge.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I love that far west tower on lower Whitehart. If you call them in to the west - southwest of the tower, when they spook they can't get out of range so they will come back multiple times.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Tod1d wrote:I love that far west tower on lower Whitehart. If you call them in to the west - southwest of the tower, when they spook they can't get out of range so they will come back multiple times.
The road where the tent is and the west tower are great coyote spots. you can find the occasional Bobcat there as well. The tower and a treestand work really well in the area.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Is there a preferred hunt time for coyotes on lower Whitehart?
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

jttoo wrote:Is there a preferred hunt time for coyotes on lower Whitehart?
Anything from 5-9 works, I prefer 5 am because it is good for other species.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

This is my South WH setup for Coyote.

I generally start at 7 as Whitetail mostly sleep from 8-9 and when I am focusing on Coyote they are a PITA. Depending on the number of Coyote in the area I can generally work through my setup in 2-3 hours so getting the deer out of the way for a good portion of that is key for me.

I spawn at the tent at the middle tower and FT to the other tent where there are often Coyotes (and Bobcat) in call range. Sometimes I work South from there, sometimes North but generally complete a circuit through all 5 treestands, the West tower and the middle tower again. Additionally I almost always carry a treestand with me as well in case I need to throw one up on the go.

Coyotes move throughout the same circuit (and further South), these days (depending on the spawn) they can be harder to find then in the past as they share spawn locations and travel routes with Roosevelt Elk. So sometimes where you expect to find Coyotes you instead find Elk.

When not on the move Coyotes will often linger in the top 2 corners of the map (NW and NE or the 2 Northern treestands) as well as S/SW of the West side tower and slightly E/NE of the middle tower in the forest towards the beach.

Depending on the spawn you will find packs of a max size of 8. If you're seeing more than 8 in a short period then you have more than one pack in the immediate area. The packs of 8 will be of mixed sex. There is a pack of 5 females that can be in the area as well and the odd spawn of a solo male or female.

This was originally inspired and derived from Flanker305's Coyote guide: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=47641 and adjusted based on what I have found works best.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Both the Golden Tree Stand and the tree stand the arrow is pointing at have been full of coyotes for me if I use the jackrabbit caller.
Upper Island of Whitehart

I find tracks and see them everywhere around curlyCoyote's X on the map screenshot they shared too.
I can't say for there's a place on Whitehart I haven't seen coyotes, really, other than near the lodge on the upper island. I haven't seen them there.

Return to “Fan Guides”