quick puma guide + personal hotspot

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
deerman30
Tracker

quick puma guide + personal hotspot

Post by deerman30 »

Ok so this is a good spot for anyone looking to tag some pumas. Here is a list of things you might need:
  1. Treestand (2 person is fine, but 1 person is highly recommended.
  2. Electronic Caller w/ Puma addon (You'll need this if they are more than 100 meters away from you)
  3. Predator "Jackrabbit" caller (this is what you'll need to really reel them in, but make sure that the puma is under 100m otherwise it'll spook)
  4. Scent Spray (Even though the treestand can cover your scent, you'll never know if something happens. Warning: may not work if the puma is highscoring)
If you have a bow, make sure you have it out by the time it gets within 20 m of your position or it will spook. If you don't have a bow, farm enough pumas (or any high-profiting animals) to get yourself one. In this case, I recommend the snakebite. Despite the labelling, it technically has a quieter shot volume than any other silent weapon. Unless, it gets changed.

Anyway, I hope this little guide helps you in some way.

I Love Big Racks
BCKidd

Re: quick puma guide + personal hotspot

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks for sharing that Deerman30, I'm sure many will appreciate it. Good advice on the bow too. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

deerman30 wrote: Predator "Jackrabbit" caller (this is what you'll need to really reel them in, but make sure that the puma is under 100m otherwise it'll spook)
Will the "Jackrabbit" caller really spook them at distances above 100m?
As far as I know this would be the first time, using a "wrong" caller having a negative effect.

Nevertheless thanks for sharing. Great spot, already produced some Pumas and "bycatch" .
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Will the "Jackrabbit" caller really spook them at distances above 100m?
As far as I know this would be the first time, using a "wrong" caller having a negative effect.
Never heard of this, but there could be an indirect effect.
:arrow: I have noticed many times that lured animals are a lot less kiddish.
:arrow: The jackrabbit caller is only active up to 100m for the cat species.
:arrow: If you use the caller more than 100m away, the puma will not be lured, but might be still close enough to detect you, and spook.

The puma will spook when it detects you, no matter whether you called from more than 100m, or you didn't call. Since the guide is using a treestand though, I cannot think of a way to spook a puma from more than 100m away, unless you shoot guns. The only explanation would be that a dog is used, which is known to spook animals when sitting under your treestand.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Santos2
Tracker

Post by Santos2 »

I will give a try.

Forocoches no es un foro de coches. :geek:
dylmax91
Scout

Post by dylmax91 »