The True Cost of Missions

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: The True Cost of Missions

Post by curlyCoyote »

Tod1d wrote:Now I'm also pondering the time factor. While one mission set may yield a larger payout, it may be less advantageous if it takes much longer to achieve. i.e. rough GM$ / hr. ?? (if the player is concerned with time.)
I find Canada geese missions to be very fast, you can get them all done within 30 minutes if you don't miss too many longbow shots on them.
Turkeys take a bit of time with weight and pistol, especially those less than 13 meters one.
Wild boar can take up from 1 hour just for the 50 cap lock muzzleloader unless some mad man owns 2, so he can fire another shot without reloading.
Raindeer mission that requires you to shoot them from 3 different towers will take you at least 2 hours for them to roam through.
Whitetail missions can be hard because you need a 160+ for the 12 points with 12 ga mission. The last WT mission I think is finishable in 15 minutes if you and your friends do a drive.
Alpine ibex missions can take a bit of time if you don't know how to take long shots with your crossbow, also make sure you have a tent on that top mountain so you can get to devils teapot with only 1 medkit and no climbing gear.
Don't even try the fox missions for time, you pretty much need a 22 or a 24+ for half the missions.
Roosevelt missions are pretty fast if you find large groups for the .44 mission.
Mule deer missions are easy, for the last one just place a tent on some random tower on loggers and you will finish that mission in 30 min or less. Or just join the Ardillamentes Loggers map.
Duck missions only take up 40 minutes if you have a full spread and the required shotguns.
Roe deer missions take up too much time because of bows and heavyweight requirements.

If you want easy missions, do Canada geese and Ducks and Roosevelt elk and Alpine ibex (If you can aim with a crossbow and have a tent at the high mountain).
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

Tod1d wrote:Interesting. Looks like only 2 result in positive outcomes (at least the first time around.)

I think I could automate this. (and include the users current inventory). Just wondering how useful it would be to how many players???

Another thing not considered is stopping when you get to a mission with a cost requirement. e.g. the whitetail missions don't have a cost until mission 16.

Inherent requirements: for example...
Notes: Neither of the free weapons are legal for water buffalo.
Then wouldn't mission 1 require at least the least expensive weapon that is permitted?

Now I'm also pondering the time factor. While one mission set may yield a larger payout, it may be less advantageous if it takes much longer to achieve. i.e. rough GM$ / hr. ?? (if the player is concerned with time.)

Still interesting & useful information, especially for new players looking to maximize their investment and bump up their inventory.
Great idea Tod it would help a lot of new players
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking
chris22lr

Post by chris22lr »

Very useful guide - and it leads to interesting observations. Thanks!
Trackfield
Scout

Post by Trackfield »

Wow, just wow
Thank you for all that work and time involved in doing that !!
Awesome job :D
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I just reset all my missions, and I think I found the easiest mission pack: Roosevelt elk.
The only mission that needs a specific firearm is one of the last ones with the .44 magnum.
You can do almost all of them with single-shot slugs, except the long-range one will be slightly hard, but very possible if you know how to aim.
Getting a 450+ kg elk might be slightly hard for a low tracking level, but as long as you kill the one that looks to have the biggest antlers, you should be fine.
You can also stall missions, for example, you don't need a male elk until the 6th mission if you find a male, kill it, and leave it to harvest for later when you unlock the mission.
skraldrog

Post by skraldrog »

The Dall Sheep mission pack is also one of the easiest. You can do it along with the snowshoe hare/moose/arctic fox ones. Dall sheep are easy to find, have poor detection skills, and don't need any pricey scent lures or callers. They also spawn en masse in big groups that tend to get stuck circling when fleeing, so you can easily take out a whole herd of males if they get stuck against the mountainside. Plus, the missions for them only need the starter rifle.
Essacksumra
Spotter

Post by Essacksumra »

Great work there man, really useful information, appreciate the time and effort. Cheers
DutchCourage

Post by DutchCourage »

Great guide, thank you for all the work you put in.

I have just a few small corrections:
- the price for the .270 is listed at 9333, however that's the price for the slightly more expensive composite version. The base .270 wood version costs 450 em$ or 7650 gm$
- for the last Nosler mission you list the price for a .243 rifle however .243 is the free starter rifle so that price should be zero.
- I just recently joined and I got a free ground blind, not sure if that is standard now but in case it is then the ground blind is also zero.
VeganMeat

Post by VeganMeat »

Moose cost and difrence seems to be wrong
BRH-PataVea

Post by BRH-PataVea »

if you have a friend with the equipment you can ask her to kill the animal and you confirm the kill with you huntermate.

You don't need to buy all equipment.

Note: only missions without "(Singleplayer)"

Return to “Fan Guides”