Voice Attack for Dog Commands

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Voice Attack for Dog Commands

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Awesome guys, I think I'll get it tonight before the Steam Sale is over. For six bucks you can't do anything wrong and it sounds like it could be useful for other games too.
Image Image Image
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Awesome guys, I think I'll get it tonight before the Steam Sale is over. For six bucks you can't do anything wrong and it sounds like it could be useful for other games too.
It's very useful for a lot of games, both for ease-of-use (typically in sims) or for immersion (like the dogs here).

I even went so far as to add commands such as "Walk forward" and "Turn Right" in an MMO in an attempt to make my character move around by just using voice commands. Obviously didn't work to well since you lack the fine control, but it was pretty funny as an experiment. My friends laughed at me and scolded me for this being the pinnacle of laziness, while I countered with this enabling me to eat potatochips with one hand and drink beer with the other and still be able to play the game :)

VoiceAttack has several features though besides just the "speak a command and make it press a button, or series of buttons".

You can make it use text-to-speech so it speaks back to you (useful for getting confirmation that your command went through). I use this in Elite Dangerous so when I say "Full Throttle" then VoiceAttack confirms by saying "Throttle set to full"

It also has the ability to start programs, or to play sound files and such as well. So instead of it using text-to-speech you could have it play a sound file instead. Or you can set it up so that whenever you press a certain key it triggers a sound file, text to speech or otherwise. This is useful if you press a key to lower the gear of your airplane since you can have VoiceAttack notice that you pressed "G" and then tells you "Lowering landing gear".

It's a really versatile little program that, if you look into it, can do a whole lot of things where it's really just your creativity that limits it :)
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

xAncalagonx wrote:"Improvements"

Loving it! Will apply! Thanks!

I never really bothered with a voice pack for E:D yet. I like the thought of it, but it's ruddy expensive! I did explore other uses like my PC opening a playlist or a program or even shutting down. Mianly to scare the poopoos out of my family though. Sadly I am as much a techie as I am able to manually park my E:D Ship in a station... *cough*
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
xAncalagonx wrote:"Improvements"

Loving it! Will apply! Thanks!

I never really bothered with a voice pack for E:D yet. I like the thought of it, but it's ruddy expensive! I did explore other uses like my PC opening a playlist or a program or even shutting down. Mianly to scare the poopoos out of my family though. Sadly I am as much a techie as I am able to manually park my E:D Ship in a station... *cough*
Glad to share some tips when it can help others :)

I actually had a whole VoiceAttack profile made long before Elite and HCS (?) started offering pre-made voice packs. By the time those came around I had about 250 commands for Elite already, all customized and I remembered the phrases easily so basically tailored for my own use. And I just kept adding to that :)

But that is the great thing with VoiceAttack. You can add as many, or as few, commands you want and when you do it yourself you have a much better familiarity with the phrases you choose and it will be more natural to use it.

I even made a random chance (1 in 20 chance of happening, so 5%) that my voice command wouldn't work... and my voice attack would then (via Text-To-Speech) tell me she was too busy playing chess with the ship computer to execute my menial tasks :)
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Hahaha get out! I love the level of immersion. But being the clumsy fool as I am I sure as heck need my landing gear to work! Not %5 that it wont as I make up for 95% of the risk anyway. But yes, the HCS thing is fun. Having the PC talk back at you is amazing. But I want an Alan Tudyk one with Dinosaurs etc (yes I just went there)
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

rhapsodaisical wrote:Hahaha get out! I love the level of immersion. But being the clumsy fool as I am I sure as heck need my landing gear to work! Not %5 that it wont as I make up for 95% of the risk anyway. But yes, the HCS thing is fun. Having the PC talk back at you is amazing. But I want an Alan Tudyk one with Dinosaurs etc (yes I just went there)
For full transparency I only added the 5% chance of disobedience for tasks that are non-critical, e.g. when requesting docking, raise/lower gear, activating frameshift and a few others.

I didn't want my A.L.I.C.E. (Advanced Linguistic Interfaced Computer Environment) to suddenly refuse to change my ship power settings during combat, or be stubborn and not launch chaff or activate ECM during dogfights.

VoiceAttack is, without question, the most useful piece of software I have spent money on considering the low price vs how useful (and fun) the program is.
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

Spoiler:
Updated Profiles for all three type dogs here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4840772573

TalonLePineapple
Tracker

Post by TalonLePineapple »

Ah I've been looking for something like this! Thanks guys for improving my hunting experience!
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

rhapsodaisical wrote:
Spoiler:
Updated Profiles for all three type dogs here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4840772573

Just noted you left a semicolon behind the last word in the commands for "go small", "lie down", "good boy" and "fetch".

With the semicolon behind the last word you also include the ability to not say any of the words within that bracket.

For instance [dog1; dog2][go small; find me small game] means you have to say either "go small" or "find me small game", otherwise it won't work. But if you add the semicolon behind "find me small game", [dog1; dog2][go small; find me small game;] then you can say either "go small" or "find me small game" or "" (nothing), so basically just saying the dogs name will trigger the command.

This can work if you have no other commands that are triggered from just saying the dogs name, but in this case there are 4 so voiceattack might be confused on which one to execute when it hears "dog1" or "dog2".

If you want to go a bit advanced you can also use asterisk * as wildcard.

As an example:

[dog1; dog2][*get out*; *get in*] .. This will then recognize "get out" or "get in" and trigger nomatter what else you say in front or behind that word.

So you could say "dog1 you silly mutt get out of here!" and voice attack recognizes "dog1" + "get out" and then executes the command to make the dog jump out of blind :)
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

I have to say, I left these : as I left out my Dutch commands. I tend to shout at random :) Given the ammount of commands I won't leave it blank, who knows what will happen!

But I will change it.

Return to “Fan Guides”