Loggers Point Guide

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Skorpiovenator

Loggers Point Guide

Post by Skorpiovenator »

So I made this guide on Steam covering tips and information on how to hunt Logger's point a while ago, and I thought I'd just post it on the forum for anyone interested. Some of things I wrote about, such as recommended weapons are based on my personal preference, so what works for me may not always work for others. Feedback is appreciated as it is my first guide, so I would really appreciate advice to help me write better ones.

Here it is: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1246314579

Hope you enjoy it!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Loggers Point Guide

Post by DYEUZ »

Did not read everything , but it is really well made . Lots of work in this . Good job .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Nice read. Very informative. Look forward to reading any you make in future for other reserves.

Note: There is an error with parker python description. It looks like there is a mix up with markup showing code for recurve. At least that's what showing in Chrome on my phone. Also you make reference in the hunting tactics section to there being 2 towers on loggers. There are 3 towers on loggers.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

That's an awesome guide you got there!

But here's a couple of thing is would change, most of it is animal scoring:

A 170+ Whitetail is not really a trophy, a 180+ is. A 200+ is definately a true monster, but i would put in that a 190+ or 195+ is, and then say that a 200+ is a once in a lifetime kill.

Non-typical Whitetail don't OFTEN reach up to 400 score. In fact i don't think they ever have.

Non-typicals are rareish, not "extremely rare"

A 900+ Hog is not a trophy at all. A 1050+ is, preffably 1100+ if you ask me

50+ Coyote is not a trophy either, 56 is nice, 57+ trophy

Mule Deers don't reach 150 KG, 136 is max, but tracks and spotting can say up to 140.

This on is a really picky one: Maybe change weight to score correlation on mule deer from high to medium

Please consider this feedback and suggestions, i know i am really picky on this and that what people consider a trophy varies, but these are my trophy numbers, and i think a big part of the community thinks the same :)

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... i second Kevin with his thoughts and numbers .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Another note. The shotgun shown in your pictures of weapons is the Primal 12GA short barrel shotgun. It has all of the same ammo and characteristics of the regular 12GA pump but it's range is a tad less. I believe it's not even in the store, and is relegated to Doc's shed.

Just my opinion, a WT deer over 175 is a trophy. That is the cutoff for the super rare gallery in the wiki.

More nit picking..sorry..Logger's Point is possessive, thus an apostrophe is required.

My own opinions and small nuances aside, nice job. Well written and informative.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Very nice guide, i could add the 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle to the weapons suggested, since it can take everything in LP from coyote to hogs, what make it the best all around rifle over the .243 or the .300 since they are single shot only. but that is just my opinion. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
rhapsodaisical
Scout

Post by rhapsodaisical »

great guide! need more like this!

Rated up, favourites and shared on steam
Skorpiovenator

Post by Skorpiovenator »

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone! Also thanks Kevin for the corrections in terms of figures etc. I'll make some changes to better reflect what you've said. Once again, thanks everyone!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

kevin2106 wrote:That's an awesome guide you got there!

But here's a couple of thing is would change, most of it is animal scoring:

A 170+ Whitetail is not really a trophy, a 180+ is. A 200+ is definately a true monster, but i would put in that a 190+ or 195+ is, and then say that a 200+ is a once in a lifetime kill.

Non-typical Whitetail don't OFTEN reach up to 400 score. In fact i don't think they ever have.

Non-typicals are rareish, not "extremely rare"

A 900+ Hog is not a trophy at all. A 1050+ is, preffably 1100+ if you ask me

50+ Coyote is not a trophy either, 56 is nice, 57+ trophy

Mule Deers don't reach 150 KG, 136 is max, but tracks and spotting can say up to 140.

This on is a really picky one: Maybe change weight to score correlation on mule deer from high to medium

Please consider this feedback and suggestions, i know i am really picky on this and that what people consider a trophy varies, but these are my trophy numbers, and i think a big part of the community thinks the same :)
pretty much spot on.there did used to be one mule deer that was super high weighted.dont think thats in the game now but it was weigh over the normal highest weight.sorry for the pun :lol: it seemed to either spawn once or only very rarely. this was a long time ago so not sure if it even spawns now or in the game.

Return to “Fan Guides”