Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
iz_da
Scout

Re: Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Post by iz_da »

Good stuff \m/, a very useful and easy guide.

I have just used the "low" Inspector settings on my four year old PC (i7 4770S, GT750M 2GB DDR5, 16GB Ram, 1TB 850 Evo).
Usually the PC is capable of 35-45fps (TgT, BRR, WRR) to 60fps (WHI, Hirschfelden, Bayou, VdB etc.) at 1080p, but dropped to 28-35 with the new settings.
Especially BRR, WRR and TgT cause problems, since it's the grass/weeds/groups of trees that kill my fps. On those three maps I had no more than 20fps.
\m/, any idea what I could change to squeeze out 10 extra fps?

What also caught my eye is that the pop-ups (bottom left "Trophy Shot uploading", top left "Tracking/Spotting Skill Level up" and top right "Dog Status/ Spotting identification" are incredibly grainy. That is also the case with the inventory, which lost all of its picture sharpness.

EDIT: The GPU usage went to 99% at 71 degrees Celsius.
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Working the whole day tomorrow, ill answer sunday all questions. Sorry mates!

Good night
Now offline. Forever.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

RudiRR wrote:I play on high settings in all reserves except for TGT. In TGT is also good (50-60fps ) but only about 10 min. Next, I have drop to 25- 30 fps. I tired mid settings but still the same. What should I do?
i7 4700mq 2x2,40ghz, 16gb ram, gtx 765m
The 765m is not the fastest card, try at "Antialiasing - Setting" the setting "4xS [Combined: 1x2 SS + 2x MS (D3D only)]" and at "Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling" the setting "2x Sparse Grid Supersampling". And change "Texture filtering - Quality" to "High performance". If your still get a fps drop, you could try lower settings at "Anisotropic filtering setting" ..but you will lose sharpness with lower settings.
iz_da wrote:I have just used the "low" Inspector settings on my four year old PC (i7 4770S, GT750M 2GB DDR5, 16GB Ram, 1TB 850 Evo).
Usually the PC is capable of 35-45fps (TgT, BRR, WRR) to 60fps (WHI, Hirschfelden, Bayou, VdB etc.) at 1080p, but dropped to 28-35 with the new settings.
Especially BRR, WRR and TgT cause problems, since it's the grass/weeds/groups of trees that kill my fps. On those three maps I had no more than 20fps.
\m/, any idea what I could change to squeeze out 10 extra fps?
Try lower settings at "Anisotropic filtering setting" ..for example "2x" or "4x" (If you complete disable Anisotropic filtering, set "Texture filtering - Negative LOD Bias" to "Allow").
Text isnt grainy at my pc, but a friend (Hi Flanker!) reported this also if i remember correct. Dont know whats the reason for this. Could you pls try at "Antialiasing - Setting" the setting "4xS [Combined: 1x2 SS + 2x MS (D3D only)]" to see if the text still is grainy? You will get less fps, thats sure - change it only for a short test.
You could disable complete the weapon-antialiasing, but this sucks.
Now offline. Forever.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Thank you for all your help \m/!
I just tried the settings you recommended. I get, compared to 8x Antisotropic filtering, exactly 5 and 9 fps MORE when lowering it down to 4x and 2x. That should do for 90% of the situations in BRR, WRR or TgT.
However, the text and all the other problem zones remain grainy after changing to 4xS.
I will continue to use the adapted, low settings for now although picture sharpness is a biggy for me!
Spoiler:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Use the standard profile or the adapted, you are the boss. Is the quality still better than with standard th settings?

Im playing with all possible hud options disabled, and the inventory/harvest screen is rly only a little bit grainy with high settings (but this doesnt matter for me, the 2minutes with open inventory each hunt i have no probs ..important for me is the big improvement while hunting) ..ill make a screen of the inv next time i play.
Now offline. Forever.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

This helps, thank you.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

iz_da wrote:However, the text and all the other problem zones remain grainy after changing to 4xS.
Here are 2 steam standard screens (mid quality .jpgs) taken today, like i said ..only a bit grainy. Take a look in original size.

Dont know the reason why its grainy at your pc :-/
Now offline. Forever.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Your screenshots demonstrate exactly what I was talking about. I do however like the hud options and my eyes constantly look at the bottom right corner and it's simply too grainy for my eyes and taste.
Your standard as well as the adapted profile still look better than with the standard tH settings! One can finally read what's written on the case of the PDA, the weapons, the scopes.

Once again, thanks for the help. I will play a bit now and then make up my mind :>
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Just tried using your recommended settings with my new card, and I'm very grateful \m/. It looks great and runs smooth. Thanks again!
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

Thank you \m/ for the information and data assistance on enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs.

There is a lot of info that I don't quite understand being I'm not a cpu or software tech and I've got to read and study all the posts of this subject a few times before it might sink in for me.
A few basics on my system:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU@ 3.50GHz 3.50GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit Operating System, x64-based processor
NVIDIA GeoForce GTX 660
Resolution 1600 x 900 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32

My question is, concerning my Nvidia Card - the GeoForce GTX 660, as it is an older type video card, would I still be able to benefit and be able to improvise and make adjustments to my system and see the enhanced graphic results ?
Thanks for any response.
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”