Or rather... how FEW decoys and spinners do I need to be covered.
So I made a small Duck Hunting Attraction Calculator.
You simply add numbers in the yellow fields indicating how many decoys or spinners for each species you plan to add and the bottom line (bottom right) tells you how much attraction (counted in number of decoys) you get for each species.
- Red = higher than 24, ergo wasting
- Green = 24, max attraction
- Yellow = Less than 24, ergo not max attraction
This calculator assumes the following:
- 1 x Mallard Decoy adds 0,5 decoy worth of attraction for other species (ergo 24 Mallard decoys = same as placing 12 decoys for another species)
- 1 x Spinner of any species adds 6 decoy worth of attraction for the specific species the decoy is for and 3 decoy worth of attraction for all other species.
Let me know if anything is incorrect and I can adjust it.