Timbergold Trails - Complete Full Map Setup

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
james200410

Re: Timbergold Trails - Complete Full Map Setup

Post by james200410 »

Excellent !

Thanks for sharing ... I would be too embarrassed to show you my map .... with only 1 tent in it and all .... lol
rj16066
Tracker

Post by rj16066 »

Sqwee wrote:Finally, I've completely filled TGT. It's all I've been working on since the release. Now I can turn my attention to actually hunting. Most of my time has been scouting, glassing, and setting up each spot to get them inch perfect.

A couple notes:
- Yes, it costs a lot of money and isn't necessary. But I thoroughly enjoy scouting and setting up locations, both IRL and in the game.
- I left the mountainous region empty because that type of hunting is rarely done from stands, plus I like to leave large portions of the map open for an uncharted adventure type hunt.
- There are 15 treestands, 15 tripods, 15 ground blinds, 7 towers, and 7 tents. The only item missing is 1 tent, because I leave it in my backpack at all times (mostly to get the tracking dog out for blood trails, as I disable domes and spotting info).
- Many stands are near carcasses, most are in areas of good visibility.
- Most are able to be hunted with a partner, for MP, which I will start doing more often now that I'm done.
- The placements allow for good planning of routes, and are spaced out at such distances to be able to sit on a stand, kill something, track/claim it, get in the next one, kill something again...all in a steady pace.
- I always tend to hunt flatter lands in the game, as I prefer to be able to glass through woods, rather than looking at mountain sides and sharp hill sides all the time.
- Almost every one is set into the woods a bit and have (aesthetic) cover to make it feel like a realistic setup. You don't sit out in the open IRL.
- I'm very happy with 90% of these locations, but there are a couple that will need some time to feel out.
- I will be streaming again now that I am done setting up. It would have made for really boring streams because I take forever to set up locations. I'm very meticulous and particular about them.

And I thought I spend a lot of $ for gear... you have got me by about $100 U.S. there... Good Job... Very nice set up.

Win10 64bit /Intel 5930 i7 @ 3.5ghz 6-core/Gigabyte x99 UD3 / EVGA GTX1080 8Gig- / CORSAIR H2O 620 CPU Watercooler /Corsair 1000w PS/ 32-gig corsair Vengeance / 1 TB SSD / 2 TB WD caviar black / 2 TB Caviar / SA950 1920 x 1080
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Thank you for sharing your in depth set-up. Nice load-out.
Very good reference for me.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
huntergatherer

Post by huntergatherer »

Very nice!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

thats a really impressive setup can u recommend any superb spots for rocky elks ? i usually hunt in the southeast corner of the map in the forest and have a small setup there. its working really good so far. i am planning to spread a little bit more equipment in timbergold cause i really enjoyed my hunts there in the last days.

Also planning on setting up spots for Mule Deer if any of u know "must have" spots id appreciate them too :D

Ill want to scout a little bit by myself later and setup some spots on my own but some that are already proven and work will make it easier :)
Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Impressive! You still have enough to eat after ... Nice work :o ;)
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Very nice setup. Thanks for sharing. It is a great reference. I use your RFF setup for a reference too. I hope you will be sharing your setups for the other reserves soon too.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

How to drive a Ferrari in The Hunter. :lol:
You got more into this map then I spent on the whole game!
If I ever see your map in MP, ill join! Looks fun with all that stuff!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

wow :o :shock: :D

hehe great set up guys. 8-)
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

wow! doesn't look like you could go 15 meters without hitting another stand/blind. Nonetheless that is nice!
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Fan Guides”