Best spent 5000 em$ for a new player, post your build!

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
vittring
Tracker

Best spent 5000 em$ for a new player, post your build!

Post by vittring »

This is a thread where we can recommend a full 5000em$ build for new players.
Try to squeeze in as much as you can for the money and motivate why that item is on the list.

Here is what I would recommend!

Crazy Caller Bundle 1292 em$ *Almost all calls except a few birdcalls, this is a must have.
Doc Monsignor Hunting Outfit#1 or Doc Monsignor Hunting Outfit#2 684 em$ *Best cammo in my opinion, will help against all deer species. The sound reduction is very important, visual and smell is enough already and don't need to be higher.
.300 Bolt Action Rifle#1 or .300 Bolt Action Rifle#2 650 em$ *A very good powerful rifle that every hunter should have in their arsenal. Very good for big game, especially bears.
3-9x40mm Rifle Scope 350 em$ * Scope for .300 and other rifles.
12 GA Blaser F3 Game O/U Shotgun 600 em$ * Good shotgun that can be used for hunting any game. This shotgun allows for 1 fast followup shot.
.30-06 Lever Action Rifle 550 em$ *A excellent rifle that can hunt any game but birds, foxes and rabbits. Allows for fast follow up shots and is very fun to shoot with. If you are good with this rifle you can kill 2-3 animals in a row.
Compound Bow "Snakebite" 500 em$ *Allows for sneaky silent kills, also very fun to use. Doc cammo helps a lot as it allows you to move in close on the deer to take the shot. Perfect for eliminating does that stand between you and the big buck.
5x30mm Rangefinder 250 em$ *Rangefinder.

124 em$ left, save those for your next en purchase.
Optional is to buy the 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun instead of O/U shotgun which will save you another 150 em$. Then you can buy the Compound Bow "Parker Python" instead of Compound Bow "Snakebite". The Parker bow is slightly more silent but slightly less damage and you can later upgrade it with a rangefinder sight! If you hit right it still drops even big animals dead on the spot.
Don't waste em$ on consumables, you will get gm$ for every mission you complete and you can buy consumables for those gm$'s.

If you were smart and bought the Trailrunner license you already own a few of this items listed above, then just buy whatever you want for the rest of the money.
Good items to consider is for example the rangefinder binoculars instead of the 250em$ rangefinder and maybe a tent and a treestand.
\m/
Outfitter

Re: Best spent 5000 em$ for a new player, post your build!

Post by \m/ »

for a new hunter: trailrunner membership + crazy caller bundle is the way to go .. +optional rangefinder :-)
Last edited by \m/ on July 15th, 2015, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now offline. Forever.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Rangefinder Binos = em$ 700
Army outfit (I don't own it but it is the same as B&C, but cheaper) = em$ 684
7mm bulpup rifle (only one you're really gonna need besides the .243 for foxes) = em$ 600
3-9×40 Anschütz Rifle Scope = em$ 350
12x50mm Rifle Scope (awesome for spotting, but not necessary) = em$ 385
12GA pump shotgun (hands down the best shottie atm) = em$ 450
Crazy caller bundle = em$ 1292

Total is em$ 4461, but you're really gonna need tents and treestands (this is where the money goes anyway, in the long run). But you can do like I usually do and only buy stuff on sale. Not to mention bundles and retail packages, which are usually very appealing for a new player.

Edited because I forgot the caller bundle.
Edit2: forgot about a bow! Parker is the way to go, but I used the SB a lot before owning it, does the job quite well.
Last edited by BuiuRei on July 15th, 2015, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Fallkniven

Post by Fallkniven »

I was a big fan of the pump-shotgun until i tried the O/U. I found it easier to use and the only thing that made the pump-shotgun better was if one uses the scopes. Due to the range limitations of the shotguns they are really not necessary and only limiting ones vision. But I do agrea with choosing the bulpup over the .300 as it is more than powerful enough to take down any animal.

On my phone atm so hard to write an exact cost of my choise but it would be something like this.

Army or Doc outfit. Does not matter which, choose the one that fits personal taste.

Crazy caller bundle

7mm bulpup rifle or Stambeco to add the extra feel for each shot.

One of the compound bows. The Python is more userfriendly for beginners if one adds the scope but snakebite drops the target lika a boss. :)

3-9×40 Anschütz Rifle Scope

Rangefinder Binos

If there's em left, use them on a treestand. Gret for calling in animals and dropping them with a bow. Espesially since one does not need a soecial camo for every reserve while on the treestand. Take the few species that the rifle is not legal for with bow or shotty from close range in treestand.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

for 5k ems, i assume you have membership.

Get all callers
1 tent
1 silent weapon(i would suggest the Parker bow)
Tripod

With this you can do the majority of comps, rifles are nice to have but over rated, mostly suited for ethical kills or long range stuff. For that the 300 is best if you hunt large game otherwise just use the standard .243 The 3-9 scope works on both those.

Everything else is luxury, camo is a waste of em$, feeders is only good for maxing tracking and spotting, ive never shot a winning trophy at or from tracks near a feeder.

If you have any spare, look at a good SG, i prefer the pump action since it takes the scope and red dot, my favorite for fowl is the SxS tho, you can kill more with it if you are good at shooting quickly. If you want a handgun the .44 is great. Or save what you have left for specials
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

moved to "Fan Guides"

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

I just noticed there is a new bundle, this one is easily on top 3 best bundles!
http://www.thehunter.com/#store/bundle/199
I will redo my best spent 5000em$ build later and this bundle will be in it for sure.
With this and the caller bundle you still have over 2000em$ left!

This is perfect for new players, they get the famous 7mm Bullpup rifle that so many of you love.
And scopes that works for so many different rifles, with all this scopes it's easier to buy new rifles later on.
Also there is the awesome Rangerfinder Binoculars that I think everyone will eventually buy.
And a two good callers.
The value is very good, you pay less then half for everything and it's only a few gm$ items.
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

The bundle is only available until tuesday evening ..posted by Philipp Strecker -> http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=67110
Now offline. Forever.
raw1990

Post by raw1990 »

Would you suggest Doc Monsignor Hunting Outfit over B&C / Army?
In my humble opinion the most important item in the game for a beginner is the range finder. Without it you cant really learn to ***** when should you take the shot with what weapon.
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

raw1990 wrote:Would you suggest Doc Monsignor Hunting Outfit over B&C / Army?
In my humble opinion the most important item in the game for a beginner is the range finder. Without it you cant really learn to ***** when should you take the shot with what weapon.
I think Doc is better, the visual reduction is good enough to get close to animals and extra the sound reduction of movement is really good.
You can sneak up close and move around much more freely, very good for bowhunting or when a pack of animals comes close and you need to reposition without spooking.
And when the terrain is difficult there can be animals very close that you don't see, then the sound reduction of movement helps a lot so you don't spook them when moving to better positions.
If you like to be more passive and sit still more and call the animals to you the extra visual camo benefit from Army is better.

Return to “Fan Guides”