Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
insub
Hunter

Re: Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Post by insub »

K4n4y wrote:2 little things before starting :

- It's hard to get the exact location where the feeder is put on the map as if you come the closest you can to it and take note of the x,y coords those can change with a difference of +-1 depending the side you are facing the feeder, that's the case for my own feeder, don't know if there is a way to get the very precise coords the feeder is planted on the ground, as you can't get on the top of it ... and sometimes moving a feeder one meter away can result in a previously going up to 100% feeder turn in a max 90% one ...

- @HunterBooth : on the link you gave the setup#2 & #3 have the same coords for the feeders :mrgreen:

This being said , this is my pig feeder at Bushranger's red soil map, 100% attraction :
x: 3749 y: 11644
Spoiler:
max seen was 25 pigs once, 23 visible on this picture, wasn't possible from my spotting and shooting location to get them all on the picture at the same time :
I wish i had a RPG in game this day :p

Until the dogs came out and when having time i was working on a tool able to draw me precise tiny marks on the map for the warrens in Bushranger's run after storing the locations of the ones i find in a database, still a w.i.p. consuming a lot of time as I'm not a coder and do things by trial and error but created another database for all coordinates reported on this thread and then modified the code a bit to draw all the location reported and this is the results ( green crosses = Pigs feeders / pink crosses = Bears feeders ) :

Bushrangers Run :
Spoiler:
Redfeather Falls :
Spoiler:
Hirschfelden
Spoiler:
Logger's Point & Settler Creeks
Spoiler:
Rougarou Bayou
Spoiler:
Hemmeldal
Spoiler:
Val des Bois
Spoiler:
Still working on this when i have time and as it's not finished and all data is automatically processed to be drawn on map it still have flaws like the text on some location of Hirschfelden overlapping when 2 spots are too close to each other, later I might leave only the small crosses if this thread turns out to have dozens and dozens of entires but this might help a bit for now.

It should be pretty accurate if i made no typing errors entering all coords in the database, probably more accurate than the maps we get for the kills locations in the launcher having the big orange cross icons. Until i find a way to get a higher resolution world map than the one displayed in game ( working on a assembled 8Kx8K px. resolution picture of the entire game world here but would need a 4 times higher resolution one to be precise at 100% and until i work on my tool to get it a unction upscaling the resolution picture of the world map ( or unless the Dev's provide me such thing, if a 32Kx32K px even exist :p), well for now it's the most accurate i can get, feel free to check you reported feeders locations and see if it's ok :D

Good thread idea Waiora , if you make a similar one for prolific waterfowl spots I already prepared the fields for those in my storage database, just in case i don't have to mess with my code again later :lol:

wow thats awesome... one thing, somehow the coords for my bear feeder at RRB got put into the map you linked as x:-2978 it should be x:-2798 :) great job on the maps!!! this is very useful. Also something i noticed looking at the RRB map the two 100 bear feeders linked are right on the edge of the forest and swamp. It might be a good idea to look along that edge for more 100 spots ;)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Im saving all the data on a spreadsheet, might write a quick little program to plot all the points on every map and then post those maps, keep the co-ordinates coming
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

insub wrote: wow thats awesome... one thing, somehow the coords for my bear feeder at RRB got put into the map you linked as x:-2978 it should be x:-2798 :) great job on the maps!!! this is very useful. Also something i noticed looking at the RRB map the two 100 bear feeders linked are right on the edge of the forest and swamp. It might be a good idea to look along that edge for more 100 spots ;)
Thanks, and yeah a little typo error when adding the coords in database :mrgreen: , this one is fixed now, I edited my original post and added the map picture with the correct location , thanks for noticing and pointing it ^^
I'll have to recheck each entry later when i'll have time, a little typing error is quickly done grabbing all those coords in few minutes like I did :p

Later with more data we could find some hot areas indeed ;)
banlok
Tracker

Post by banlok »

IzDaPat wrote:A definitive list of known hog feeder & bear bait locations is a great idea!

I'm a perfectionist and a "completionist" - that's why I have the maximum number of 24 bait sites, and I'm happy to share them with our community. (Yes, I do spend too much time and money on this game.....)

I discovered many of these locations by myself, which took days and weeks of experimenting. But many of these spots have also been discovered and shared by other community members. I did not take the time to search the forum in order to find who was the first to mention those spots, but if you recognize one of your own feeder or barrel locations:

All the credit should go to you. A huge "Thank You!" for your own time and effort!

Alright, here we go. 100% tried and tested 100% feeder & barrel locations. In total:

6 - Brown Bear bait barrels
5 - Black Bear bait barrels
10 - Feral Hog feeders
3 - Wild Boar feeders

Settler Creeks:

• X: - 7698 Y: 3942 (Black Bear)
• X: - 6612 Y: 5641 (Feral Hog)
• X: - 5815 Y: 5738 (Feral Hog)

Redfeather Falls:

• X: - 11864 Y: - 3436 (Black Bear) - This spot isn't very well known, but - at least for me - it is usually more productive than the good old "Marsh / Islands" location. Try it!
• X: - 11647 Y: - 4531 (Black Bear) - This is the "Marsh / Islands" spot.
• X: - 10780 Y: - 4210 (Black Bear)

Hirschfelden:

• X: 9093 Y: - 976 (Wild Boar)
• X: 8831 Y: 361 (Wild Boar)
• X: 9786 Y: 177 (Wild Boar)

Hemmeldal:

• X: 6289 Y: - 5095 (Brown Bear)
• X: 6620 Y: - 4624 (Brown Bear)
• X: 6960 Y: - 3848 (Brown Bear) - My favorite spot in the entire game: great for bears, spectacular views of Hemmeldal and the ocean during sunrise, and good for all the other Hemmeldal species!

Rougarou Bayou:

• X: - 1455 Y: 8513 (Black Bear)
• X: - 3605 Y: 9707 (Feral Hog)
• X: - 2216 Y: 8900 (Feral Hog)

Val-des-Bois:

• X: 3613 Y: - 1232 (Brown Bear)
• X: 4029 Y: - 2236 (Brown Bear)
• X: 4513 Y: - 1947 (Brown Bear)

Bushranger's Run:

• X: 3748 Y: 11678 (Feral Hog)
• X: 3715 Y: 11016 (Feral Hog)
• X: 3020 Y: 11088 (Feral Hog)

Logger's Point:

• X: -10286 Y: 6551 (Feral Hog)
• X: - 8681 Y: 5700 (Feral Hog)
• X: - 9032 Y: 5642 (Feral Hog)

Nice work! Thanks a lot for info.
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

K4n4y wrote:2 little things before starting :

- It's hard to get the exact location where the feeder is put on the map as if you come the closest you can to it and take note of the x,y coords those can change with a difference of +-1 depending the side you are facing the feeder, that's the case for my own feeder, don't know if there is a way to get the very precise coords the feeder is planted on the ground, as you can't get on the top of it ... and sometimes moving a feeder one meter away can result in a previously going up to 100% feeder turn in a max 90% one ...

- @HunterBooth : on the link you gave the setup#2 & #3 have the same coords for the feeders :mrgreen:
K4n4y wrote:... added 2 locations from the link HunterBooth posted too ( only 2 as 2 spots on 3 have the same coords) ...
:oops: :oops: :oops:

My apologies to one and all.

Since I can't Edit my original post, I've included a new graphic with just the info on the barrels - and the coords are taken standing against the south rim of the barrel facing north (if that made any sense :) ).
Spoiler:
Once your barrels have reached 100% ...

@ Barrel #1 ... expect to see from 3 to 5 bears on average, although I've seen as many as 8 at one sitting. I've had a few nice boars here.
@ Barrel #2 ... if you sit in the tripod (see original post for coords), you can expect from 5 to 7 on average but I've seen as many as 11 because of the "satellite bears" wandering in lazy circles 100 meters or so out from the barrel. Here's where I've seen the biggest males.
@ Barrel #3 ... you'll probably see 3 to 5 on average but I've seen as many as 7.

I think my personal best, single-hunt, total of bears spotted at these 3 barrels is 17. So, these locations work for me. I don't, however, sit for a long time at any one of these barrels before moving on to the next one ... and I hunt them in this order: 1 - 3 - 2, so as to approach a stand without disturbing the barrel's occupants. I've found other 100% barrel locations on Hemm, but this configuration allows me to maximize my hunt's quality with minimal time invested traveling from barrel to barrel.

A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

No need to apology, added last location & updated Hemmeldal map picture in my post here http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 97#p703997
( and found another typing error in one of the coords i stored for this map too :lol: ) now all should be good.

Thanks a lot
jdogg420
Scout

Post by jdogg420 »

the post needs refined also idc about if the feeder only get to 100% say i have one bear feeder on hemm usually 4-5 bears there rarely more.. i have one bear feeder on redfeather usually there is 6-9 there. the hemm one is harder access maybe some get spooked on way there... the one on red feather is easy to get too easy to see bear from far to not spook any... i also have one bear feeder on settlers ive never seen more then 2 bear there and it hit 100% fast...
so really the post should define the more open spots with max amount of bears easy access views ect... for max..
sadly ill feel the post will have a lot of trial and error still..which is what me someone who got feeders a lil over a month ago is still dealing with trial and error... some of my feeders are perfect spots ect. but some are still bad.
from my tests with feeders its best to just have one per species on map. if its in the best spot you will always have a ton there.. this is why we need the best spot with max animal easy to get to locations only.
HunterBooth
Outfitter

Post by HunterBooth »

K4n4y wrote:... ( and found another typing error in one of the coords i stored for this map too :lol: ) ... GEEZ!!! I need to quit trying to be accurate then. :mrgreen:
I went back and found my earlier 100% barrel locations (before my current 3, that is):

1) NW of my current Barrel #1 is this location: X: 6304 | Y: -5215 ... (set GB about 30 meters north of barrel location). This location only produced 3 or 4 bears at most, and most were sows, but occasionally would have nice boar.

2) In the SW area of the map is this one: X: 6603 | Y: -3754 ... Set up a tent at Orm's Sten, and make for a large boulder (6692 / -3661) overlooking the valley -- makes for an awesome sniper's location about 130 meters from the barrel. This barrel produced anywhere from 3 to 6 bears that I could see (some, I'm sure, were hidden in the trees to the SW and NE of the barrel, and over the ridge to the NW). Of the 5 100% barrel locations I've found on Hemm, I'd give this one the silver trophy as far as quality of potential harvest is concerned. The Gold trophy would have to go to my current #2 location in my earlier post above.
A recent study has shown that women who have gained weight tend to live longer than men who mention it.
Spoiler:
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Can't edit my previous post as apparently there is a time limit for edits, posting here only the Hemmeldal's map, the others did not changed
Spoiler:
This one is starting to look good ;)
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

went and tested some of the posted x/y's and a lot of them aren't 100% locations :/

Also with the current feeder bugs there is no point placing more than 1 feeder on a map(for hogs at least) you get less animals on 3x 100% tahn you do placing just 1. You consume 3x the bait for about 1/3 less hogs

I don't have multiple bear barrels yet and certainly wont buy any more feeders until there is fixes

Return to “Fan Guides”