Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
insub
Hunter

Re: Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Post by insub »

Violator31 wrote:
Violator31 wrote:Hog feeder;
Settlers Creek=
x -6299
y 5254

Brown bear
Hemmeldal=
x6562
y -3922

Black bear
Redfeather Falls
x -11620
y -4401

I just filled all 3 of those. The test is on. :lol:
48 hours later all 3 are = 29% with 36 units of feed left. So far, those are the expected numbers, right?
15% every 24 hours is a 100% feeder so you are looking good
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

insub wrote:15% every 24 hours is a 100% feeder so you are looking good
Yeah, that's what I had always heard. Those feeders have always gone to 100%. Thank you.
That is what I'm pointing out, apparently the problems aren't hitting everyone. All this time I been keeping tabs on people having troubles with their bait stations & mine seemed to be fine. But, beings there were so many problems I just quit filling them, until recently (I filled a hog feeder in BRR & it did fine).
I wonder why it affects some but not all of us? Keep in mind (I point this out a lot) I'm not a programmer, but could it be operating systems? Or multiplayer? I know as long as the host isn't close by when a guest hunts the bait it isn't suppose to bother it, but maybe there is a problem with that. I rarely do a MP hunt to my barrels aren't bothered.
I will try another experiment - I never tracked it & I can't remember if, while my stations were on the rise, if I even hunted those reserves at all.
I will fill another station that has always reached 100% quickly, and then as it is working it's way to 100% I will hunt that reserve a lot, all the while staying a good distance away from it to see if the attractiveness is going up at a decent rate.
I don't know what else to try, so if anyone can think of something let me know. Like I said before, mine seem to be fine, I'm just trying to help track down the problems.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Violator31 wrote:
insub wrote:15% every 24 hours is a 100% feeder so you are looking good
Yeah, that's what I had always heard. Those feeders have always gone to 100%. Thank you.
That is what I'm pointing out, apparently the problems aren't hitting everyone. All this time I been keeping tabs on people having troubles with their bait stations & mine seemed to be fine. But, beings there were so many problems I just quit filling them, until recently (I filled a hog feeder in BRR & it did fine).
I wonder why it affects some but not all of us? Keep in mind (I point this out a lot) I'm not a programmer, but could it be operating systems? Or multiplayer? I know as long as the host isn't close by when a guest hunts the bait it isn't suppose to bother it, but maybe there is a problem with that. I rarely do a MP hunt to my barrels aren't bothered.
I will try another experiment - I never tracked it & I can't remember if, while my stations were on the rise, if I even hunted those reserves at all.
I will fill another station that has always reached 100% quickly, and then as it is working it's way to 100% I will hunt that reserve a lot, all the while staying a good distance away from it to see if the attractiveness is going up at a decent rate.
I don't know what else to try, so if anyone can think of something let me know. Like I said before, mine seem to be fine, I'm just trying to help track down the problems.
With feeders the placement can make a huge difference if it is only of by a meter or two. The one on Logger's to the East of the North tower down in the valley (I believe Hoocairs originally discovered the spot) stays at 0% unless placed in the exact spot.
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

Deconstructed wrote:With feeders the placement can make a huge difference if it is only of by a meter or two. The one on Logger's to the East of the North tower down in the valley (I believe Hoocairs originally discovered the spot) stays at 0% unless placed in the exact spot.
I know, I pretty much gave up on that spot (I still have a barrel there). I was looking at all of my bait stations to continue the tests, I looked at that one & decided against it because I don't think I ever got it to rise at the normal rate.
I'm just using the ones that I know have been great spots.

(it's really weird about that one & having to be so precise)
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
FarmGuy3

Post by FarmGuy3 »

Wow, thanks IzDaPat!

Put my hog feeder at the x6612 y5641 location at Settlers.

First hog I got is my biggest ever @ 1155! :D

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/farmg ... /426588561
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

FarmGuy3 wrote:Wow, thanks IzDaPat!

Put my hog feeder at the x6612 y5641 location at Settlers.

First hog I got is my biggest ever @ 1155! :D

http://www.thehunter.com/#profile/farmg ... /426588561
Nice!!!
Gotta like that.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Could I get a bit of advice about finding 100% feeder locations please? If I place a feeder down in a location where it gets to 12 or 13 percent by 24 hours after placing, is it better to then move that feeder around by a couple of feet each day until I find the elusive 15%-per-day spot or just start again 100m away? Cheers in advance. :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

this tool shows many locations for 100 percent the thing is some people are getting better results with less than 100 percent at moment.

http://fumarporros.bplaced.net/thfeeder/

so i would try a few spots and see which works for you.
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

Thanks, but that's not an answer to my question. :p I'm wanting to find my own spots rather than use other people's. ;) This is because I want to place down feeders in areas of the map that doesn't get frequently used, in order to give those areas a use. (Although I can see one barrel in a similar location to where I was thinking so maybe I'll use that one.) Thanks for the link though, it may come in handy in the future. ;)
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

J_Birdman wrote:
22SAS_Wimp wrote:Could I get a bit of advice about finding 100% feeder locations please? If I place a feeder down in a location where it gets to 12 or 13 percent by 24 hours after placing, is it better to then move that feeder around by a couple of feet each day until I find the elusive 15%-per-day spot or just start again 100m away? Cheers in advance. :)
I've seen another player recently mention that even 100% feeders gain attraction at different rates, ie-not always 15% a day, but this goes against what the wiki says. If something has changed in the way they work now, EW has not told anyone. In fact, they say the feeders are now fixed and working properly and that they were broken for years up until now. There seems to be a lot of feeder speculation over the past month and no one appears to have a clue about how attraction works now, so good luck. I love finding my own 100% spots, too. I look at the animal spawnmaps and find at least two spawn spots which are near each and then give it a go. If it gets close but not quite to 100%, I start orbiting and testing the spot about 5m away each time until it either reaches 100% or I give up. It's very satisfying finding 100% spots, but for me at least, the results often leave much to be desired. I've found so many 100% bear spots in RB, for example, which produce nothing but 0-1 bear per visit on a regular basis, and two if I'm really lucky. Doesn't matter what time of day, I tried them all many, many times. But this one time, hand to god, I saw three. Yeah you heard me, three bears at a RB feeder, at once. It was like my birthday, Christmas, a full moon and the discovery of fire all converged on that one fateful and glorious day. Truly memorable.

Edit: EW, I would like to sell you half of my feeders back, at full price. Thanks. :)

Return to “Fan Guides”