Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Extort713
Tracker

Re: Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Post by Extort713 »

Anyone have any coords for piccabeen bay feeders?
Schrider

Post by Schrider »

IzDaPat wrote: ....
Redfeather Falls:

• X: - 11864 Y: - 3436 (Black Bear) - This spot isn't very well known, but - at least for me - it is usually more productive than the good old "Marsh / Islands" location. Try it!
• X: - 11647 Y: - 4531 (Black Bear) - This is the "Marsh / Islands" spot.
• X: - 10780 Y: - 4210 (Black Bear)

I've had an unused bear feeder in my inventory since they went on sale a month or two ago, decided to give it a try and used the first co-ords you've recommended, and i have to say they're fantastic, easily 6-10 bears every time ive checked my feeder at that spot, i almost dont want to try out the other two once my bait runs out! - and i might have to buy another bear barrel so i can keep on at that spot permanently!
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

So I just wanted to share something I've noticed with, with limited testing though just to clarify. I quit before in 2016 and came back after the feeder changes, just as this new season started. Before I quit I had removed my wild boar feeder and my old feral hog feeder.

Since the new change doesn't have the percentage anymore I figured feeders should work the same anywhere now, however I was getting barely any animals at my feeders, so I tried some of the old 100% locations in this thread and I've had way more success at my feeders and my brown bear barrel that was at 100% before the change still has around 5-7 bears at it each time. I wanna think that the old system of percentage is still how the system determining how many animals to spawn near the feeders, and that the new active/inactive system is just way to simplify it for new players. I remember when I first started out baiting I would only get to like 60-80% after a week and see like 1-5 hogs and sometimes none at it, which is what I was seeing when I would place feeders in random spots after the change.

Pretty much I'm just saying that if you are having a hard time figuring out why you aren't getting any animals at your feeder, try a few of the old 100% coordinates.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Extort713 wrote:I wanna think that the old system of percentage is still how the system determining how many animals to spawn near the feeders, and that the new active/inactive system is just way to simplify it for new players.
I don't think that the old system is still used, in fact I'm pretty sure it's not since I talked to David about it. Of course some spots are still better than others, depending on the distribution of the baited animals on the reserve. If not much bears are around, an active barrel doesn't help much.
Image Image Image
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Extort713 wrote:I wanna think that the old system of percentage is still how the system determining how many animals to spawn near the feeders, and that the new active/inactive system is just way to simplify it for new players.
I don't think that the old system is still used, in fact I'm pretty sure it's not since I talked to David about it. Of course some spots are still better than others, depending on the distribution of the baited animals on the reserve. If not much bears are around, an active barrel doesn't help much.
Not being in front of my computer so that I can search effortlessly. But. I do think I saw in the update, when the new system was implemented, that the old system would lie as base to the new one. I'm pretty sure. I will have to look that up asap of course. It sure does feels so, since all the good ol' spots are way different than some random spot with tracks. Also, if I remember correctly, they said that it wouldn't be possible to place a barrel/feeder at locations where the animals in question didn't spawn (that may be intended for entire reserves, if wrong, but I don't think so). I've never encountered being ever rejected but maybe I'm not placing stuff "out of the box" so to say. Well, don't take my word for it. I'll try to look it up.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Here are the notes I wrote at the time when the feeder system was overhauled.

http://news.thehunter.com/baiting-system-overhaul/
The thing that determines how successful a feeder is now is animal roaming and whether animals happen to wander into the attraction radius and become baited. This is why the client will no longer let you plunk a feeder down in an area where the target animal is never likely to roam. In the old system, it was possible to place a feeder and for it never to gain attraction, and never bait an animal, which caused a lot of frustration and waiting around for something to happen. That element has been simplified. You can still place a feeder in an area where only a small percentage of the attraction radius overlaps the roaming zones, which will yield a low return similar to that of the old system, but you will still at least get some baited animals. So placement does still matter.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

certain areas do still work really well.just have to try spots see what works for you.
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Well, I put one of my only Hog Feeders in Bushrangers Run at this location and I managed to get a decent boar from this spot.

This is what it looks like from afar. From what I could tell at the time, I believe there were at least 10 hogs at that spot.

And this is the hog I got from it.....

I'm just giving this thread I try. I have no idea what the percentage rate was, so I put down a number I could think of: 75%.
That, of course, might not be true. So it could be anywhere between 25% and 50%. :/

I Love Big Racks
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

Violator31 wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:With feeders the placement can make a huge difference if it is only of by a meter or two. The one on Logger's to the East of the North tower down in the valley (I believe Hoocairs originally discovered the spot) stays at 0% unless placed in the exact spot.
Guys, about this: ”With feeders the placement can make a huge difference if it is only of by a meter or two.”

How can i be sure my barrels are at the exact coordinates? I can’t climb up the barrels to try and do the reading, and if i stay just aside the barrels the coordinates in the map will be mine not from them. I’m very lost on it. I need some help. Any tips?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Threwlys wrote:How can i be sure my barrels are at the exact coordinates? I can’t climb up the barrels to try and do the reading, and if i stay just aside the barrels the coordinates in the map will be mine not from them. I’m very lost on it. I need some help. Any tips?
I don't believe that theory about exact coordinates. There were a lot of issues with the first version of the baiting but this was completely overhauled in April 2017 and now it works nicely. All that weird behavior is gone and if a feeder works for one person, it will work for everyone else as well. This was not always the case before.

If you put your feeders in places where the species exists, the animals will flock around them. Don't worry about a meter left or right. Place it, and after no more than four hours you can go check how well it work. If there are no animals, move it to a complete different place.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”