Hill of Death - Whitehart Hunting Spot

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
\m/
Outfitter

Re: Hill of Death - Whitehart Hunting Spot

Post by \m/ »

Generalkommendant wrote:Hey \m/!
Is there any reason, except the start spawn penalty, that the tent is a bit further away from the "HoD"?
Nope, no other reason. You could setup a tent direct near to the HoD :-)
(I have a tower + decoys near the tent. Means half way to the HoD, half way to the tower | map screenshot from the mainpost is outdated)
Now offline. Forever.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

\m/ wrote:
Generalkommendant wrote:Hey \m/!
Is there any reason, except the start spawn penalty, that the tent is a bit further away from the "HoD"?
Nope, no other reason. You could setup a tent direct near to the HoD :-)
(I have a tower + decoys near the tent. Means half way to the HoD, half way to the tower | map screenshot from the mainpost is outdated)
Alright. Yep, well I just made a copy of your "HoD", and put up a tent in the bushes at the middle of the screen when looking west from the Tripod. Will gladly test this setup out since I've hardly played WHI at all. :D
I've always had the "Golden TS setup", and I will indeed keep it, but this one seems a bit more fit for me. I don't like obscuring objects so...
Thanks for sharing!
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Golden treestand is rly good for mp, love it!
HoD is perfect for watching tv while hunting, or simple said for relaxed hunting. Calling every few minutes, and if i hear steps or close calls - > focus on hunting..
Last edited by \m/ on April 9th, 2018, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now offline. Forever.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

\m/ wrote:Golden treestand is rly good for mp, love it!
HoD is perfect for watching tv while hunting, or simple said for relaxed hunting. Calling every few minutes, and if i hear steps or close calls focus on hunting..
That's the reason I always play in MP mode, alone or with friends doesn't matter. Allows you to do exactly what you said. If I would like to open up the forum or watch a clip at youtube while hunting, then I certainly don't want the game to pause. It does has its drawbacks sometimes, when real life grabs your attention just about when that monster shows up! :lol:
\m/
Outfitter

Post by \m/ »

Make a few hunts there and write your opinion. Is it most times not like the golden treestand in terms of animalnumbers, but for relaxed hunting with a steady flow of animals its ok. Sometimes you dont know which animal to hunt first..
Now offline. Forever.
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

I used to use this spot as well with 2 tents, one 600m away and one right next to tripod for 1 camping supply fast travel. I really like that area for turkey tbh
Extort713
Tracker

Post by Extort713 »

Generalkommendant wrote:
\m/ wrote:Golden treestand is rly good for mp, love it!
HoD is perfect for watching tv while hunting, or simple said for relaxed hunting. Calling every few minutes, and if i hear steps or close calls focus on hunting..
That's the reason I always play in MP mode, alone or with friends doesn't matter. Allows you to do exactly what you said. If I would like to open up the forum or watch a clip at youtube while hunting, then I certainly don't want the game to pause. It does has its drawbacks sometimes, when real life grabs your attention just about when that monster shows up! :lol:
Could always play in windowed mode for single player, then it wouldn't pause your games. That's what I do for SP comps if I wanna afk and watch tv while waiting for footsteps.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

So far I like it very much. Even got a PB Bobcat scoring 9.276 :D
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

The one and only place where I once dropped 12 Yotes - one after the other. Good times, but I prefer the “long meadow” and the golden tree stand.
However, the more setups the better!
Spoiler:
Generalkommendant
Hunter

iz_da wrote:The one and only place where I once dropped 12 Yotes - one after the other. Good times, but I prefer the “long meadow” and the golden tree stand.
However, the more setups the better!
Where's the "long meadow"? There's always room for another good setup. ;) Would you share it?
Maybe except for \m/. :lol:

Return to “Fan Guides”