Wiki News / Updates

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
kevin2106
Hunter

Re: Wiki News / Updates

Post by kevin2106 »

Maybe Hoo should write «NOT photoshopped» next to it :lol:

I understand the confusion though, i’ve had to prove to many people allready it’s not PS, i don’t blame anyone for thinking it is :)

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

It actually does this due to the way the game selects which one the player is going to pick up. I’ve seen this multiple times if you have two animals close together. But what usually happens is the outline appears and when you claim it and go to Trophy Shot, the lines disappear. What I am thinking it could be tho is because there is another player there was well, and they had the same lines goin on as the HM was tryin to select which one your friend was claiming. I’m almost postive that’s what it is, but I’ll check it out later when I am home to make sure.
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

I have seen it many times, but never in the picture. Usually happens immediately after the trophy shot is taken, and will also give the spotting info on what ever animal is in the picture.
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:It actually does this due to the way the game selects which one the player is going to pick up. I’ve seen this multiple times if you have two animals close together. But what usually happens is the outline appears and when you claim it and go to Trophy Shot, the lines disappear. What I am thinking it could be tho is because there is another player there was well, and they had the same lines goin on as the HM was tryin to select which one your friend was claiming. I’m almost postive that’s what it is, but I’ll check it out later when I am home to make sure.
The thing is that there were never any white outlines before i picked it up. I just went in to trophy shot and suddenly they appeared. It was even before the other guy got to confirm the kill on the other WT. Maybe it was the game trying to make the difference of the racks more visible, as they were both non-typs? I know Ron got more than one at a place, but he never got them in the same trophy shot. So i can’t tell if it would have happened there too. I havn’t seen more than one NT in a pic before. So i can’t tell for sure. i’ve taken Trophy shots with multiple animals in it, and some of them were controlled by friends with me, but i never got the outline there either :?: For all i know you might be right though

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

caledonianblues wrote:I think Levado was referring to this entry. I also wondered why both deer had a white outline, first time I saw it in the forum. Not that I care, it's still a cool photo.

Edit: Also, you have two trophy shots with the same entry number, 102.
Ah yes, thanks. I also fixed the numbering.
caledonianblues wrote:Indeed it is. Very odd, I've never seen that before.
You mean the white outlines? You get them when moving the camera fast, zooming in or out fast, or when there are other objects like trees in the way. Maybe the computer specs also matter?
Never seeing them means you have never visited any pages of my gallery beyond page 80? :D

Lots of pics with white outlines there, such as this one.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:Never seeing them means you have never visited any pages of my gallery beyond page 80? :D
I think I got to page 79 then had other things to do ;)

Thanks for clarifying though, you learn something new every day.
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

kevin2106 wrote:Guys, just go look at my profile and you’ll see it’s not photoshopped.
I didn't know it was in your gallery, in that case it's not Photoshopped, but you have to admit that the whole photo looks weird, not only does it have white outlines, the rear leg of animal of the one on the left doesn't cast any shadow on the ground (probably hidden by white outline) and the shadows of the guy on the left and right should all point in the same direction, which they don't. Now I can understand that shadows aren't parallel when point lighting is used in the engine, but then the shadows should point away from the center.

To explain the shadows with the legs, every object is supposed to have contact shadows, which I'm not seeing on the legs, but like I said, could be hidden by the white outlines:

It's clear that it's not Photoshopped when it's in your gallery, but you can't deny that the engine is doing some rather weird things. :)
Last edited by Levado on March 23rd, 2018, 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

I never noticed that, dang, those shadows are going in all directions :shock:

Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Anyway, great kills, that's truly a super rare shot, I don't think we'll ever see one again and most definitely not with those scores. :)
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Levado wrote:Anyway, great kills, that's truly a super rare shot, I don't think we'll ever see one again and most definitely not with those scores. :)

Return to “Fan Guides”