Wiki News / Updates

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Wiki News / Updates

Post by HooCairs »

Two posts from EW that make me believe bows do not get wobble reduction in towers:

1)
In the same patch where they removed wobble reduction for bows in tripods, they added reduction to towers. Would not make sense to include bow reduction in towers when they just removed it for another stand.
http://news.thehunter.com/game-update-95/
* Removed bows getting wobble reduction from tripods
* Stationary hunting towers in reserves now give wobble reduction
2)
Here they explicitly mention guns when talking about wobble reduction in towers.
http://news.thehunter.com/status-update-271/
Gun Wobble in Towers. We are aware of this issue and believe we have found the issue, after we are happy that it has been fixed, you can expect it in a game update soon.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BaiPe6o
Scout

Post by BaiPe6o »

Turkey mission "Tommy Gunned". It's not concretized that the SxS shotgun must be 12GA. I tried it with 16 just for a test and didn't work :).
Spoiler:
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Hi Hoo,
The statement to wobble reduction is based on observation only. If I stand at the base of a stationary tower (I have not tested the mobile version so far) and aim for a stone or bush, I observe more wobble than being on the tower.

The difference between you and me is, that your vertical bows are at level 20 while mine are around level 5. Therefore you probably will not see any difference, while it is quite obvious for me.
Therefore I would like if someone else from the forum with similar leveled bows could confirm (or contradict, if I am wrong) .

Nevertheless I will double check this afternoon. Midsummer Event is a good reason to grab the bow an shoot some deer (with or without wobble reduction).

In my opinion, also tripods will gain stability to vertical bows - I will also double check this.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

It is well possible that originally bows were excluded from the wobble reduction and then later slipped in again. Seen this many times that functions changed unintentionally.
Spoiler:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Vertical bows should not have wobble reduction anywhere. Crossbows, on the other hand can be rested like a rifle.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Reggy
Scout

Post by Reggy »

Tried this and could see no difference either in a tower, tree stand or just standing. Bows: - 16% into level 2 Cable backed vs level 20 maxed snakebite. Holding my breath made both of them steady. The only difference I found was I could draw the Snakebite and hold it for maybe twice as long before wobble vs the Cable back. Platform did not make a difference.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

It took a little bit longer.
I agree there is no difference on tripod.
But on stationary towers, I see a significant difference. When using the snakebite (L6) on ground I have a lot of movement (without holding breath). On the tower it is rock solid.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The Wiki monkeys finally added maps for the Rougarou Bayou missions:
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Regul ... l_Missions
Spoiler:
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

HooCairs wrote:The Wiki monkeys finally added maps for the Rougarou Bayou missions:
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Regul ... l_Missions
Great work on the Wiki Hoo. Well done and so much appreciated!!

FYI, in the Wiki the line Timbergold Trails Travel (the text beneath the icon at the top of the Regular Missions page) does not work as a link to the actual Missions below. Looks like a typo. I have pasted a copy of the link text.

<<https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Regul ... l_Missions>>

Give the monkeys a bunch of bananas. Lucky we have them. Thanks again. Jimbo.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

JimboCrow wrote:FYI, in the Wiki the line Timbergold Trails Travel (the text beneath the icon at the top of the Regular Missions page) does not work as a link to the actual Missions below.
Thanks for the note!. Fixed. :)
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”