Wiki News / Updates

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Wiki News / Updates

Post by HooCairs »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
DYEUZ wrote:Any plans in a near future to add the weights of these species , to the existing list :
- Bighorn Sheep
- Dall Sheep
- Feral Goat
- Grizzly Bear
- Rocky mountain Elk
AFAIK, Hoo said he used to get the official weight limits from EW, but not any more - so he stopped including them in the table. So we'd have to collect our experiences and even that wouldn't be 100% precise.
Correct. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Wiki News from February 18
  • added color variations to Banteng
  • added 3 new entries (curlyCoyote, cn555, mrerikeepperi) to the Super Rare Animal Gallery
The Super Rare Gallery has now reached 100 entries! Can they still be considered super rare then? :? :D
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:Wiki News from February 18
  • added color variations to Banteng
  • added 3 new entries (curlyCoyote, cn555, mrerikeepperi) to the Super Rare Animal Gallery
The Super Rare Gallery has now reached 100 entries! Can they still be considered super rare then? :? :D
Of course! 100 of 100s of thousands?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

HooCairs wrote:The Super Rare Gallery has now reached 100 entries! Can they still be considered super rare then?
Maybe there should be a limit of 100 (or pick any number) and a ranking system, then when a new rare qualifies just rotate the list, knocking one off the bottom each time. Otherwise you're right, it will just grow and grow and lose a little bit more meaning every time.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Genuine curiosity led me to do a little tallying. It's hard not to notice that the super rare gallery is dominated by a handful of deer species and even brown bear, so I added them all up to see where these species stood. Just for funsies. I know I missed two somewhere but I couldn't be bothered to count again XD

"Pairs" refers to how many of those entries were photos of 2 rare animals, rather than a single large super rare animal.
  • Whitetail Deer - 17 entries (3 Pairs)
    Roosevelt Elk - 13 entries (1 Pair)
    Mule Deer - 10 entries
    Brown Bear - 10 entries (4 Pairs)
    Moose - 9 entries (2 Pairs)
    Blacktail Deer 9 entries (3 Pairs)
    Red Deer - 6 entries (3 Pairs)
    Canada Goose - 5 entries (2 Pairs)
    Coyote - 3 entries (1 Pair)
    Red Fox - 3 entries
    Feral Hog - 3 entries
    Mallard - 2 entries
    Wild Boar - 2 entries
    American Black Duck - 1 entry
    Ibex - 1 entry
    Roe Deer - 1 entry
    Rocky Mountain Elk - 1 entry
    Mixed Species - (2 Pairs)
There are 18 species represented in the Super Rare gallery, out of 36 species that have a rare variation possible in the game. Of all the bazillions of animals killed in this game and posted on the forums, I'm surprised there's only 100 entries. I doubt adding more would hurt the value of previous entries, especially with the species that already have very few entries. I mean, how long have you been adding to the super rare gallery Hoo? Surely it's been a while, as there's quite a few glowy blue bears in there. I probably wouldn't change a thing about the gallery. Maybe sort the pictures by species, or have separate sections for actual super rare animals vs just lucky sightings of two rare animals in the same place, but I wouldn't ever remove anything or refuse any future entries. While some of the trophy shots leave much to be desired, I've never been unimpressed by a single animal on that list. I envy the people lucky enough to see a rare animal or a trophy animal, let alone both at the same time. I think every one of those people is worthy of their spot and I'd hate to see someone's 180+ piebaldbinolistic whitetail taken away just to be replaced with some 1800+ nontypical rabbit :lol:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Thanks guys for the input. Yes I have been collecting these for years, so it is certainly still a small list in the big scheme of things. For now I will continue as thus far. :)
Spoiler:
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:Thanks guys for the input. Yes I have been collecting these for years, so it is certainly still a small list in the big scheme of things. For now I will continue as thus far. :)
As a proud member of this exclusive club, I am glad that you chose that path, Hoo. Thank you.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

The Whitetail and Moose main page could maybe need some pictures of the new albinos where it shows the rare variations ;)

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Wiki News from March 1
  • added .50 Inline Muzzleloading Pistol and .50 Lead Bullet
  • updated all relevant pages
  • updated Permitted Ammo
  • added Manly Man competition trophies to the Trophy Gallery
  • added 1 new entry (kevin2106/kennedyqwerqwer) to the Super Rare Animal Gallery
Spoiler:
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

The Moose page says "The Moose is the largest animal in the game", that could need a change :)

Return to “Fan Guides”