Golden Treestand. (Whitehart Hunting Guide)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Golden Treestand. (Whitehart Hunting Guide)

Post by Flanker305 »

(Added video on 15-5-2015.)

I would like to share my killer tree with you all.
I could've posted it in the screenshot section, but am putting it here, cause people might find it helpful.
There are a lot of other perfect locations on WHI and I am not claiming this is the best spot, but certainly one of the more productive places.
Now let me tell you where exactly this is.

Few links with bigger pictures:
Overview of this TS, together with an additional TS and GB, as well as a tent.
View from the TS facing South
View from the TS facing East
View from the TS facing North

As you can see, I have placed another tent a bit more to the North.
This is where I start my hunt. I immediately fasttravel to the tent next to this TS, get in it and put myself right in the action this way. Always animals around. And I've tried it a lot of times.

Anyway, I just had a terrific hunt. 29 Animals on one spot, in a little over three hours. 32 Kills in total.
7 Blacktails, 6 Coyotes and 16 Turkeys. Plus a few runners I had to track later.
This location is GOLD, as it is not the first time I had success.
Here are some pics:

http://i.imgur.com/6fKj9zc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LiPG6nZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oT5QchE.jpg

Almost all in one pic:

Some more in full size:
http://i.imgur.com/0sun226.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U0DRirK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mZWlOXL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QE23HWo.jpg

And as a nice little bonus while cleaning up the mess I came across this beauty:

http://i.imgur.com/zo4MJvJ.jpg Score: 168.

I hope one or two of you are giving this a shot, cause you will have lots of fun out there.
Feel free to share your own killer trees of course!
Happy hunting!

Update: 19-08-14

Upon request some more nice locations.
I have to tell you, these I did not find as productive as the one mentioned above, but you can have fun for sure.

On the crossroads north of the lake you can have quite a lot of fun. If you're lucky, you'll see all 5 species there.
Overview, view from TS.
Coördinates: X: -14056 Y: 5079.

On the crossroad west of the lake you can place a GB in the middle of the road, as well as a TS on one of the surrounding trees.
You are good for all species too. Almost always Turkey and Blacktail, sometimes Elk, Coyote and Whitetail.
Look on Grounblind.
Coördinates: X: -14150 Y: 5621.

A location for a TS I am experimenting with at the moment is next to the meadow in front of the first tower south of the lake.
Have shot Turkey, Blacktail and Elk there. Not too crowded as the rest of the locations though. I placed a tent near and visit it sometimes.
Look at TS, look right, to tower, look left.
Coördinates: X: -13922 Y: 6203.

If you want to focus on hunting coyote, this might help you.
Please excuse the poor quality and size of the pics, I am playing on a small screen atm.
Anyway, have fun and good luck!
Dronez
Hunter

Re: Golden Treestand.

Post by Dronez »

Flanker, how are you back already! ********* now my goodbye means nothing.

Also, don't animals spawn like 200m away from tents? Wouldn't a tent that close hinder the spawning ability?
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Dronez wrote:Also, don't animals spawn like 200m away from tents? Wouldn't a tent that close hinder the spawning ability?
It's 150m from tents, and the spawn behavior is only changed on the tent you start the hunt from. If Flanker started the hunt from the tent by his tree stand, then yes, it would affect the animals. However, since he starts from the one at the North, then fast travels to the one by the tree stand, only the North tent is affecting the animal spawning. This is why you could (theoretically) have a hundred tents in a reserve, and it only would affect animal spawns at one tent (the one you start at).
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Dronez wrote:Flanker, how are you back already! ********* now my goodbye means nothing.

Also, don't animals spawn like 200m away from tents? Wouldn't a tent that close hinder the spawning ability?
He is still in the process of leaving. He is likely adding some additional posts to share more information whenever he gets a minute online.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

Wow, Flanker, awesome hunt!

The place is indeed gold, I've had quite some success there myself.

TundraPuppy wrote:It's 150m from tents, and the spawn behavior is only changed on the tent you start the hunt from. If Flanker started the hunt from the tent by his tree stand, then yes, it would affect the animals. However, since he starts from the one at the North, then fast travels to the one by the tree stand, only the North tent is affecting the animal spawning.
Which is why I am of the opinion that fast travelling should only be possible after a certain time in the game. Very similar to the cooldown time after one fast-travelled.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Dronez wrote:Flanker, how are you back already!
Colorado Kid is right:
Flanker305 wrote:I will leave in less then two weeks from now.
I meant three, I changed the OP in the other topic. So next week and the week after I am still here. I just wanted to have some time to comfort all the weeping friends and thus ease the pain of me leaving. :lol:
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

I think arriving at a tent or lodge while fast-traveling is suppose to spook all the animals within 100m of the location, but it's been shown to have a bug for a while now, and doesn't always seem to happen.
Personal Bests...
Dronez
Hunter

Post by Dronez »

My bad, very nice tree stand though.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Fletchette wrote:I think arriving at a tent or lodge while fast-traveling is suppose to spook all the animals within 100m of the location, but it's been shown to have a bug for a while now, and doesn't always seem to happen.
When I arrive at the tent after fasttravelling, I ALWAYS spook animals in a circle of about 20 meters. That's how far I THINK it is. The difference with normal spooking is that they stop fleeing pretty soon after spooking, so they stick around closer by. And thus don't spook too many incoming animals.
tazzietiger1966
Hunter

Post by tazzietiger1966 »

nice post mr flanker , your information is invaluable :)

Return to “Fan Guides”