Leaderboard Kill Map *** Update - 4/07/2015

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
ratcat

Re: Leaderboard Kill Map *** Update - 4/07/2015

Post by ratcat »

james990 wrote:Always wanted something like this or a heatmap for all my kills
Yeah, but it seems site from replies in this thread doesn't work. Maybe someone knows another way to make something like this?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

It's available now. Join UHC..it's free. Earn enough UHC points to buy an Emerald Gem, then you can activate the Hunt Expedition Analyser, not only for your hunts, but anyone else you care to analyse.

https://www.uhcapps.co.uk/

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:It's available now. Join UHC..it's free. Earn enough UHC points to buy an Emerald Gem, then you can activate the Hunt Expedition Analyser, not only for your hunts, but anyone else you care to analyse.
This is for one hunt though, which is great, but I think ratcat meant "a heatmap for all my kills", I took it to mean all of them at one time. I would have to guess a heatmap like that would be VERY demanding on the system.
Unless it had some sort of restrictions.... like, a certain time frame could only be used (maxed out at a month or so). You could pick whatever animal you wanted & put in the time frame to search.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

Violator31 wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:It's available now. Join UHC..it's free. Earn enough UHC points to buy an Emerald Gem, then you can activate the Hunt Expedition Analyser, not only for your hunts, but anyone else you care to analyse.
This is for one hunt though, which is great, but I think ratcat meant "a heatmap for all my kills", I took it to mean all of them at one time. I would have to guess a heatmap like that would be VERY demanding on the system.
Unless it had some sort of restrictions.... like, a certain time frame could only be used (maxed out at a month or so). You could pick whatever animal you wanted & put in the time frame to search.
Yeah that's what I'd love. There was one put up a few years ago, but pretty sure EW shut it down
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

james990 wrote:Yeah that's what I'd love. There was one put up a few years ago, but pretty sure EW shut it down
It would be very costly for Expansive Worlds to offer this sort of reporting. The compute resources required would bump their infrastructure costs up by a frightening amount. It's just not practical to obtain and present this sort of information given the number of coordinates that would be involved for some players. I suspect the OP's application fell over when it became impossible to view profile data without an active session, i.e. being logged in. Even with an OAuth session, scraping web pages for this type of information is an extremely slow and inefficient way to achieve the desired result. The optimal solution, for a third party wishing to implement this, would be using API calls. But again, Expansive Worlds would have to offer that information, and right now they don't, most likely for the aforementioned reason.
J_Birdman
Hunter

Post by J_Birdman »

In case it's already been mentioned but I missed it, there is a heatmap function in Fumarporros' TheHunterTools, which can be found here.. http://thehuntertools.huntertalk.de/ Direct link to the specific tool here.. http://thehuntertools.huntertalk.de/thtrack/

The only issue with it, for me personally, is that it requires you to manually enter each animal.(you can mark kill spots, animal tracks, calls and sightings) I used to use it religiously but found it to be extremely time consuming and so stopped. Also, for what it's worth, the tool became a bit redundant. By noting my kill spots so much, over time it was pretty easy to learn where my reserves' hot spots were/are anyway. The tool itself didn't assist me directly, since I never once referred back to it for guidance on a single hunt. It aided me indirectly, by simply helping me learn hot spots more as a matter of consequence, rather than the direct data it provides after the fact. It's a little conundrum or something. If you try it out, maybe your conclusions will vary from mine.

A few other things I learned using it..

You're going to end up only heat-mapping your most commonly used routes and areas. We can't "heatmap" a location that's a kilometer away, only where we go. Makes sense, right?

Everyone's reserves are set up differently and your "mileage may vary" from others', so to speak. Where one player has a hot spot, another player may have a dead spot. Some of the world items that we place in our reserves have a direct impact on the animal behavior/routes we all see in our own reserves, such as feeders, bird decoys, and motion predator decoys. The electronic caller can do the same, but only if/when they're turned on and being used of course. Also, if you ever move these items around, you may effectively be altering your reserves' animal behavior/routes/hot spots.

Heatmapping during MP hunts isn't wise. I personally never used the heatmap tool during MP hunts unless it was with a single friend and we were hunting side by side, because animal behavior/routes could and would be vastly affected by simple multi-player activity alone.

In the end, I think what most "heatmap seekers" really want is a heatmap that's already been filled out. When it comes to putting in actual effort in creating our own personal heatmaps, the result of that effort most likely becomes moot. My advice is; Unless there's ever an automated and persistent heatmapping system created and put into place, don't worry about heatmapping too much. You will learn the hot spots in your reserves as you play and simply enjoy the experience. In this case, I personally think less work is more fun.

Hope my experience in this area helps some, good luck and happy hunting.

Return to “Fan Guides”