Flanker305's Coyote Hunting Guide (UPDATED: hunting map)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Flanker305's Coyote Hunting Guide (UPDATED: hunting map)

Post by Deconstructed »

knott wrote:Here is a guaranteed guide to success. Finish 8 out of the 9 coyote missions. Then you constantly fail getting the male and you will have a free spawn of hot females on the take down mission ;) I suppose you could also do the same on the coyote at forest lake mission. However those missions do require some weapons I want to remember.

I
A small group of smallish females. Using methods in this guide provides much more success.
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

knott wrote:Here is a guaranteed guide to success. Finish 8 out of the 9 coyote missions. Then you constantly fail getting the male and you will have a free spawn of hot females on the take down mission ;) I suppose you could also do the same on the coyote at forest lake mission. However those missions do require some weapons I want to remember.

I
I just completed the final Coyote Mission "Take Down" while doing the Blacktail mission "Getting Serious" ( You have to kill a blacktail at towers 7 and 17).
I started at the North Lodge at 7am and walked/ran to the Awi Usdi area then crouch walked to tower 7 just West of the ruins. I then called for Blacktail, set some lure and used the predator call just in case. I did this 25 to 30 m from the tower. As soon as I got into the tower a lone, large male coyote showed up. Unfortunately my shot ended up being a body shot so after a Blacktail buck came in I killed it with a heart shot and then I had to track the coyote for a short while but when I found him it was mission complete for "Take Down".
I think the mission is more luck than anything but if you don't find a male at the stones or any tracks to follow, try the #7 tower.
I know this is technically off topic but it is in reference to a coyote so I thought I would share the info.
As far as the guide, I used it to great success until I pulled my tent and tree stand to hunt on other reserves. When I have more tents and stands I will definitely be setup on WHI
again. I used the spot just East on the road from the tent on the South Island. It worked great and I also got a few trophy Whitetails there.
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

How no idea there was a page about this until today lol. Hopefully it will good for me since i do a similar thing with foxes ;)
ArminKurz

Post by ArminKurz »

really well done guide
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Thanks

Sent from my HTC oneX
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

SloNeZ wrote:

I
I just completed the final Coyote Mission "Take Down" while doing the Blacktail mission "Getting Serious" ( You have to kill a blacktail at towers 7 and 17).
I started at the North Lodge at 7am and walked/ran to the Awi Usdi area then crouch walked to tower 7 just West of the ruins. I then called for Blacktail, set some lure and used the predator call just in case. I did this 25 to 30 m from the tower. As soon as I got into the tower a lone, large male coyote showed up. Unfortunately my shot ended up being a body shot so after a Blacktail buck came in I killed it with a heart shot and then I had to track the coyote for a short while but when I found him it was mission complete for "Take Down".
I think the mission is more luck than anything but if you don't find a male at the stones or any tracks to follow, try the #7 tower.
I know this is technically off topic but it is in reference to a coyote so I thought I would share the info.
As far as the guide, I used it to great success until I pulled my tent and tree stand to hunt on other reserves. When I have more tents and stands I will definitely be setup on WHI
again. I used the spot just East on the road from the tent on the South Island. It worked great and I also got a few trophy Whitetails there.
They spawn near the stones and then it´s semi random where they go I think. But yes it helps a lot if you are lucky to get the male to call before the females. Always easier to lure them in then trying to navigate through 5 females to spot a male :)
Palavino

Post by Palavino »

Thanks for the update on the topic Flanker!
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Post by Flanker305 »

Palavino wrote:Thanks for the update on the topic Flanker!
Hey Palavino! Long time no see! :)
You're welcome man.

Sent from my HTC oneX
CaptainGravy
Tracker

Post by CaptainGravy »

Flanker305 wrote:
You're welcome man.

Sent from my HTC oneX

What time is best to find them?

Check out my Youtube channel! Gameplays and guides for theHunter and more! http://tinyurl.com/y8zpld37
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Cavemanhead wrote:
Flanker305 wrote:
You're welcome man.

Sent from my HTC oneX

What time is best to find them?
05:00 to 17:00.

They don't sleep.

Return to “Fan Guides”