Different sights set-up

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Different sights set-up

Post by HooCairs »

Tod1d wrote:I also added a 30m line at the top of the leather handle wrapping.
Have you verified this at the range as well? The difference between the distances should increase. There should be a greater distance between the 20m and 30m lines than there is between the 10m and 20m lines. For 30m I have to aim almost where the top of the thumb is, which is much lower (or bow much higher).
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
MeistaRulez
Scout

Post by MeistaRulez »

Tod1d wrote:MeistaRulez, nice. Thanks. I added it to the 1st post.
I verified these at the range as well, and they look good. I also added a 30m line at the top of the leather handle wrapping.

Be Well
Awesome !

The 30m mark ist right on the money, as well. Just tested this on a poor pheasant.

EDIT:
HooCairs wrote:
Tod1d wrote:I also added a 30m line at the top of the leather handle wrapping.
Have you verified this at the range as well? The difference between the distances should increase. There should be a greater distance between the 20m and 30m lines than there is between the 10m and 20m lines. For 30m I have to aim almost where the top of the thumb is, which is much lower (or bow much higher).
Just looked at the statistics, and my 30m pheasant hit was from 26m in reality. Lined it up with the 30m mark and i hit its foot. So, yeah, maybe the line should be a tad bit lower ?
Hard to say, tbh.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I'll check again. I was using that as a guide & hitting very close to the horizontal centerline on the 30m target at the rifle range.
Although I'm still just a bit wobbly with it! :)

OK, I tried again & I'm hitting right on the line using the top of the leather wrapping, where it meets the arrow.

And yes, the distance should increase, but as we've seen on some of the other sights it's not very consistent.
Look at the numbers on the Snakebite in this topic. And the spacing on the Parker sights...
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

It seems to me just judging by the different sight set-ups in this post, the recent and very accurate description of bullet types in other post, along with the issues with performance of weapons, pistols, rifles, shotguns and bows, that someone should do a little more research on all these items prior to releasing them into a game full of Real life Hunters. Who BTW usually have a very good understanding of how all these weapons should and do perform in a hunting situation.

This has already been overlooked way to many times and caused many discussions concerning performance, penetration, damage done on impact, and killing power of almost every weapon.

Real hunters generally speaking are very concerned about the ability of their weapon of choice when it comes to harvesting an animal. All true and sportsmen and sportswomen want a 1 shot 1 kill with as little suffering to the animal as possible.

IMHO additional research should be done on all existing ingame weapons, whether rifle, handgun, shotgun or Bow and any changes necessary to maintain realism (which by the way is fast going away in game right now) as close as possible to actual ability and performance of these weapons.

Yes I know it would take time and cost money to do this but after all this is called The most realistic Hunting game. I think it is time that some effort was made to get the game back on course.

Well that's my 2 cents worth, any other opinions or like opinions?
Spoiler:
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Different sights set-up

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Yeah. I think it's time, actually it's BEEN time as in overdue, for EW to drop the tag line "the most realistic hunting game online". It gets taken too far out of context, and is always used as leverage in arguments. (not saying you, XINTIMID88ORX)
Other than that, I remain neutral as I just simply adapt, and if I really think something is off (such as the .30-30), then I say my piece. That's just me though, and I know everyone is different.
saltamon
Spotter

Post by saltamon »

Someone noticed the fault in the sights of snakebite bow? . I've posted about it in the bugs section.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=56181

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

saltamon wrote:Someone noticed the fault in the sights of snakebite bow? . I've posted about it in the bugs section.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=56181
I think it's just a mistake in the store description. The Snakebite has always been sighted at 30m, since its release 5 years ago. Still, the store description needs changed haha
T0MRf5
Outfitter

Post by T0MRf5 »

No, it is supposed to be 20m. The wiki info was added by bjorn. I think that would rule out an accidental typing of 20m in the store. I have repeated the test and it is true.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Different sights set-up

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

T0MRf5 wrote:No, it is supposed to be 20m. The wiki info was added by bjorn. I think that would rule out an accidental typing of 20m in the store. I have repeated the test and it is true.
Ugh..I think you may be right. The Snakebite was actually made before Bjorn's time (it was made during Emote's tenure, not EW), so there is a possibility that he can be wrong. I'm gonna dig a little deeper, because I can swear that way back when the bow was released during the Win the Bow comp back in 2009 (I placed 5th, bow was for the 1st 10 places), Emote had it set for 30m. Wonder if it was ever silently changed? Again, I could be wrong as well and just incredibly used to the Snakebite.
saltamon
Spotter

Post by saltamon »

I messed up. I edited the post to include a reference to the wiki and has been removed by the moderators to review. The message said that the aim point was miscalibrated. It is currently zeroed at 30m, not 20m as the wiki and store says.
I recorded a test in logger´s point ( rifle range in Field Lodge ) and uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONyF16KxOBo

EDIT: Link to bug post its up again:

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... =56181&e=0

Return to “Fan Guides”