Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Hunts81

Re: Enhanced graphics with Nvidia GPUs and Nvidia Inspector

Post by Hunts81 »

Thanks Ceres!
Tweek1142

Post by Tweek1142 »

I'm using the High setting on nvidia inspector. i have a 144hz monitor and getting screen tearing. Got any advice?
Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

Turn on Fast Sync in Nvidia Control Panel.

NOT VSYNC
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
Tweek1142

Post by Tweek1142 »

Thank u. Also in order to get inspector to work do I need to remove the nvidia control panel or any other over locking programs? Not really seeing any changes to the game.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

This is a 10 year old game, made before 80% of what is on an Nvidia panel was even invented so it is not very relevent. It is not a game that takes kindly to really high refresh rates in my experience. I had a FX 8300 Vishera, GTX 1060 6gb paired with a 60hrz 1ms 1080p monitor and it was great, no tearing no stutter..... then I stepped up to an Ryzen 2700x, RTX 2080 on a 144hrz 1440p monitor with G-Sync and I get micro stutter, nothing ball breaking but there......UNLESS I acvtivate V-Sync at the games comfy zone of 60fps. A very small amount of latency is not a worry in the Hunter, no-one is trying to shoot you so if it takes 0.9ms longer it is not important. It 'aint a FPS shooter like CS:GO..... I have played at 60 to 200 fps and everything in-between, to be honest the best performance is with V-Sync on and Hyperthreading deactivated in the Nvidia conrol panel.

Also many older games were written to favor Intel CPU architecture over AMD as they were/are the gaming CPU Nr.1, so if you have a Intel CPU on a good Motherboard with decent DDR4 RAM and VRM's you will need complety different setting to someone running an older system like Belorian. TheHunter is more CPU bound than GPU in anycase, sometimes more cores can lead to worse performance hence the need to deactivate Hyperthreading if on a AMD CPU, older Intel's don't even have it.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Belorian
Hunter

Post by Belorian »

Nvidia control panel profile is REQUIRED for all games (except browser based)
That is not a global profile and is no longer optional after like driver 330.xx as stated by nvidia.

OS makes a big difference also.

The hunter still runs far better on win 7 obviously
~~HUNTING RIG~~
// CPU: FX-8350 @ 4.6Ghz || GPU: GTX1060 @ 2.2Ghz || RAM: DDR3 @ 1.9Ghz \\
// TRACK IR(Head Tracking) || FULL DETAIL @ 3660 x 1660 on 50" 4K OLED TV \\
FrozenHorse
Spotter

Post by FrozenHorse »

For the benefit of other readers: I'm a big fan of this Nvidia Inspector solution from \m/, game just looks amazing with introduction of transparent AA on foliage. However, my rig was strugling on high settings, so I was forced to use mid settings from this post(4x MSAA, 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling, override aplication settings). For mid settings, foliage "shimmering" was still visibile a lot. As standard aliasing(MSSA) and Sparse Grid Supersampling(SGSSAA) should be used together and have the same value to take advantage of SGSSAA, I was not able to use 8xSGSSAA, because setting MSSA 8x(or more) in Nvidia Inspector would introduce serious fps drop.

After hours of testing, I found a better solution to still take advantage of 8xSGSSAA - just use Nvidia inspector to enhance in-game MSAA, not override it, as suggested in this post. This way, I was able to maintain benefit of 8xSGSSAA solution with 100+ fps, compared to ~40 fps using high settings posted here. Shimering is still visible a little, but lot less compared to "mid" settings from this post. Just make sure you also set all other settings marked yellow, exactly as presented on the picture:

Enhanced 8X MSAA (click image to enlarge):
Spoiler:
FrozenHorse stats:
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Guides”