Animal Maps - Where to find the different species

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Animal Maps - Where to find the different species

Postby HooCairs » December 6th, 2018, 5:44 am

Moving the spawning to the server and also the addition of recent species make it indeed difficult to track changes in the spawn maps and to still know the "accuracy" of these maps. Worst is really the introduction of a new species that messes all the rest up and can make certain species diminish or remove entirely from an area. The whitetails appeared at the very north of WH suddenly. If you checked the WH map during this time it would have been wrong. Now they say whitetails have been removed again from there but I haven't checked. Grizzlies (unofficially) and bobcats (officially) have been reduced, I haven't done any updates due to the shakiness of the spawn maps these days. I don't think though that big changes are made, so the maps should still be a good start for most species and most players.
Hynu

Re: Animal Maps - Where to find the different species

Postby Hynu » December 6th, 2018, 9:49 am

I find for the most part they are still reasonably accurate and use them as a guide rather than a definitive. Anyways, the effort you (and others) put into these things doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated, so to Hoo and others who contribute, pat yourselves on the back and enjoy a mulled wine this festive season :)

Return to “Fan Guides”