Sambar Schedule

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Sambar Schedule

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Just for review and feedback, I figured I would post the Sambar daily schedule that I have observed through many hours of hunting and scouting Sambar.
From 5:00 to 8:00 they normally feed somewhere close to where they have spawned.
From 8:00 to 9:00 they head down to water to "drink", although unlike COTW there is no drinking animation. They just wander around near the water for a while.
From 9:00 to 11:00 they head back up to higher ground and feed again.
From 11:00 to 13:00 they head to a bedding area and sleep. 13:00 is a hard reveille, and ALL Sambar wake at 13:00, even if they went to sleep at 12:59.
From 13:00 to 14:00 they head down to water again.
From 14:00 to 16:00 they head back up to higher ground and sleep again. 16:00 is another hard reveille where they ALL wake up.
From 16:00 until the end of the day at 19:00 they feed.
Of course, there are always individual exceptions, but does this look like the schedule you guys have found?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Sambar Schedule

Post by JimboCrow »

GREAT WORK Bonedigger!! This is very well researched and much appreciated. It lines up very closely with behaviors I too have observed while hunting Sambar, but wow, so in-depth! Great work indeed!!

It would be handy to have these kinds of field observations of individual species' needs zones & movement patterns represented in the Wiki. HUGE shoutout to HooCairs here!!! ;)
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.

Return to “Fan Guides”