Hello and about those werewolves.

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Frontiersman2

Hello and about those werewolves.

Post by Frontiersman2 »

Figured I'd drop by and give a hello. Been playing for a few months and over all I think the game is pretty solid along with many of the people that have been around a while helping others. The latest event took me right out of my comfortable, slinking around mode for sure. These werewolves are tough and at my age (cough cough) I had to knuckle down as the old hand eye coordination just ain't what it used to be. It was a frustrating, slightly anxiety laced (until I got used to the sounds and speed of those buggers) uphill battle. A battle I've come to win at my goal of level 1. Well, once the last competition is completed and level 1 is fine for me.

Few things that I learned if you're having troubles. Get the red dot scope if using the .308. Run everywhere, even casing them down when you wing one and try stick to the open roads so they don't zig-zag on ya (as much). If you're in the woods high tail it for open areas when you get one to growl. Get some open distance, crouch, aim but keep the dot low and pick them up when they run straight at you, wait for it.... bang! Get some first aid kits, first time I've ever had to use them in game. Normally it bothers me to get a nasty gram from Doc. I've gotten more from him in the last few days than my entire time playing hahahaha. Things can get outta hand when tracking a wounded one, before long you have 2 or 3 different blood trails stringing thought out the map. As for the winning bit? The werewolves and I both got pretty beat up so I guess it's a draw.

Anyways, great game and keep up the good work to the people still plugging away at it. And thank you to the folks that are out there lending a hand to the community, even a friendly word or positive comments. Have a good one and happy hunting.
Kinarr
Tracker

Re: Hello and about those werewolves.

Post by Kinarr »

For a new player you came up with good tips for this beast.
I disagree with the crouching, but whatever.
Running is frowned upon in this game, especially when in multiplayer, but with the werewolf we have an exception.
The werewolf does not appear to get spooked by runners, so it is not an issue here.
I can add only two more tips, as you have just about covered it.
1. After the roar, and on hearing the gallop, I backoff while aiming my gun. That way, I get one extra second to aim, and that makes a big difference.
2. If you are struggling to find the skull you need, start each hunt with a sweep up & down the shooting range. You will always find between 1 and 5 skulls in there.
Spoiler:

Return to “New Player Introductions”