The love affair continues

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

The love affair continues

Post by caledonianblues »

It's been about 2.5 years since I last played the game, but I decided tonight was the night. I watched a couple of videos recently and thought the old gal was starting to show her age a bit, but after just a few minutes in the game I remembered why I fell in love in the first place. The immersion. The hunt. Suffice to say the love affair continues and my brain is already awash with competition ideas! Who knows, maybe I will host one in the near future.

For my return hunt I headed to Logger's Point to get my bearings and see how much I remembered. It was like stepping out into my garden. Everything exactly where I expected it to be. All the routes I once walked ingrained in my memory. I was hoping the spawn gods would welcome me back with a monster mule deer but I at least bagged a few animals, one of which was this very average buck.

I've been lurking on the forums a bit lately and can see some familiar names. A big shout out to those that have kept the game and community alive, and to the new team that seem to be giving the game some much needed love and attention.

I'm looking forward to getting back into Classic and to enjoying the forums again.
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Re: The love affair continues

Post by curlyCoyote »

Welcome back to the forums, odd seeing you without the orange sheriff badge.

The only right way to welcome a cookie monster, is to offer him cookies!

ImageImage
ImageImage

Pandi-Stelle, Italian Brand cookies, amazing flavor, amazing production from the Italians! Hope they are enough to satisfy your endless stomatch!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

:o Well, look what the cat dragged in!! Hello David, it is a very pleasant surprise to see you hanging about again, I must say!! How are you and your lovely family doing these days? I see that you're punching in from Britannia again, is that permanent? I'm really very glad to see you and wish you and yours only the very best!! So good to see you old friend!! :) :) :) :)

Kindest regards, Jim. :)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes indeed, welcome back Cal, good to see you! :D Respectfully,
BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Thanks folks, good to be back.
JimboCrow wrote:How are you and your lovely family doing these days? I see that you're punching in from Britannia again, is that permanent?
The family are doing great, thanks Jim. I hope the same is true for you. The little one is not so little anymore, how time flies. We're still in London. I wouldn't say it's permanent but until we get back to some normality we're staying put.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Welcome home! That's awesome to hear that you've come back to us, regardless of the duration of your stay. The current team working on the game has been good to us. They've brought us some great things so far and hopefully there's more to come. Hopefully you'll stick around and get to enjoy any new goodies with us! When are you going to take the little one on his first stomp around the EHR? We could always use a new enthusiastic hunter in the ranks :)
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Yes it's good to see you back! I remember you from a few years ago during my first major stint of game playing here and really enjoyed the comps you hosted. For me personally those were the "golden years" of Hunter Classic because the game was still kind of unfamiliar to me and I didn't have as much equipment to work with. I don't know if I like that time more than now but it's not that same because the game was more fresh to me then. Whatever the case, welcome back! :)
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

caledonianblues wrote: I've been lurking on the forums a bit lately and can see some familiar names.
Noticed that last couple days. Welcome back.

Return to “New Player Introductions”