This game catches you again and again

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Doc_Lazarus

This game catches you again and again

Post by Doc_Lazarus »

Hello hunters,
For years i have been playing the hunter classic for a few days every year. And at the moment it hit me again. The atmosphere when you trudge through Hemmeldal or Witherime Ridge ... the snow crunches and an arctic fox barks somewhere in the distance ... the glowing sky paints the snow in a golden light ... again and again a fantastic experience ... you have to love this game.
I tested COTW, but I have to say that it doesn't satisfy and inspire me as much as Classic. Somehow, its bright colors and displays make it look too much like an arcade game for me. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good to be back...

good hunting all,
stay healthy,
greetings from germany

Doc_Lazarus
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: This game catches you again and again

Post by HooCairs »

I agree, and welcome back :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Hello Doc and welcome! Every point you made I agree. I have never played COTW though every video I've seen of it annoys me because it doesn't look like a hunting game and how hunting should feel. It looks like a goofy arcade game. One of the things that irritates me most about it is the thick bright outline around animals. That feature kills it for me.

Aside from COTW, I know Classic is good. You know why? Because I go through periods where I have to force myself to not play it or look at it for reasons I'm sure many here understand. That's kind of the strange relationship I have with the few games I like. It's like a poison you love to death.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yes, welcome back Doc_Lazarus, I remember that name for sure. It is really cool to see players returning again, and again. I agree about COTW- it isn't anything compared to theHunterClassic. I still play it every now and again, and have all the DLC BUT it isn't Classic. One of the things that irritates me about CoTW is how all the animals seem to be looking over their shoulders, they always seem to be walking crooked... I hate that. :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKIdd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.

Return to “New Player Introductions”