I need help!!!! [what to buy with GM$?]

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
hismaimai8888

I need help!!!! [what to buy with GM$?]

Post by hismaimai8888 »

So i am new in this game(and broke).It seems nice and i am kinda ok with the free animals that i can hunt.So i got some gm$ trough missions and idk what to buy.I am afraid to buy a gun that cannot hunt the whitetail,and ammo is the problem.For my .249 Bolt action rife ammo isnt available for buying so i dont know what to do bcz i am sure i will get out of ammo :(
Công ty rut ham cau quan 12 giá rẻ dịch vụ rút hầm cầu quận 12 uy tín
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: I need help!!!! [what to buy with GM$?]

Post by HooCairs »

You can see here what type of items you can buy: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Gm$

You cannot buy weapons with gm$. You need em$.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

You can get the 12GA Single Shot Shotgun for free, and then use the gm$ to buy the ammo for it ( Slugs, Buckshot & Birdshot ), which will then allow you to hunt any animal (except the "big three" - Water Buffalo, Bentang & Bison) by switching the loaded shells to whatever is permitted > Check the Permitted Ammo list if in doubt. ;)
Also, if you fancy hunting something that isn't currently on the Free To Hunt Rotation, probably because you're wanting to do missions to earn more gm$, you can also buy 1 Day, 7 Day & 28 Day Licences on each individual species using gm$ (scroll down the list of categories on the left of the Store and click on "Licenses"). ;)

Good luck. ;)

(Hello Hoo! :D)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Buy a membership.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:You can get the 12GA Single Shot Shotgun for free, and then use the gm$ to buy the ammo for it ( Slugs, Buckshot & Birdshot ), which will then allow you to hunt any animal (except the "big three" - Water Buffalo, Bentang & Bison)
Don't guest hunters get free unlimited 12ga ammo?

I would hold on to some Gm$ to taxidermize trophy animals (You don't need to own a lodge for this, when you finally get a trophy lodge all your animals you'v taxi'd will be there).
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
22SAS_Wimp
Tracker

Post by 22SAS_Wimp »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Buy a membership.
You can't buy a membership with gm$. ???
Andhii wrote:
22SAS_Wimp wrote:You can get the 12GA Single Shot Shotgun for free, and then use the gm$ to buy the ammo for it ( Slugs, Buckshot & Birdshot ), which will then allow you to hunt any animal (except the "big three" - Water Buffalo, Bentang & Bison)
Don't guest hunters get free unlimited 12ga ammo?
Ummm… not that I know of. But then, I only hunted as a guest for about a week and that was 4 years ago. I couldn't find it mentioned on the Wiki either. ;)
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Buy a membership.
You can't buy a membership with gm$. ???
I know that. Was just making a suggestion.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

22SAS_Wimp wrote:Ummm… not that I know of. But then, I only hunted as a guest for about a week and that was 4 years ago. I couldn't find it mentioned on the Wiki either. ;)
I hunted as a guest for almost 8 years. Yes you do get free ammo for the .243 and the single shot 12 ga.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Yes .243 and 12GA is free even for guests. Sorry for missing this info in the Wiki. I just updated a punch'a pages.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok something you can do with gms is buy temporary licenses for an specific animal, that would allow try to hunt an animal that is not in the free rotation without own a membership, if you do this, i strongly recommend you to use that limited time to complete as many mission for that animal as you can, so you can get back some gms.

But the better advice is simply buy a membership, even the most basic one is fine, and save as much gms for consumables like scent eliminator, camping supplies(even without tent it serve to travel to camping places) or ammunition for any weapon you buy if you are a guest. the problem with that is that eventually you will run out of missions to get gms for ammo, and you will need Ems to buy a reset mission item... so if you need real money to get gms again better use that real money in a basic membership. That allow you hunt anything, and so complete new missions and well get more gms. ;)

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."

Return to “New Player Introductions”