Hello from Ireland

Say hello to the rest of the community here. Start a thread and tell us a little about yourself.
Jodydoc

Hello from Ireland

Post by Jodydoc »

Hi all, just saying hello from Ireland. Been playing Cotw on PC for a year and through reading and online browsing iv been tempted to give classic a try. I'm on a 3 day trial right now and loving it, although I will need to mess the with graphics a little.

I have been browsing the store and I am really tempted to go for the 49.99 pack.

If there is any tips and advice for a classic beginner it would be appreciated.

I have no IRL hunting experience at all but I watch shows like meat eater and I love it. Where I'm from we only hunt foxes and birds and not many around me do it although I would love it try it.

Anyway, much love guys from a wee village outside Belfast, Northern Ireland.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by HooCairs »

Hello and welcome to Classic and its community Jodydoc :)

If you have played CotW you shouldn't have any issues running Classic. As usual, just turn the settings up until you feel the game is stuttering.
Note that there is currently an issue when looking through scopes that the game can almost stall, but that can be overcome with high settings and turning Vertical Sync on if you haven't done this already.

As far as tips, this game is massive and hard to explain in a nut shell. You can find information about reserves, animals, equipment, etc. in the Wiki.

Also there are some dedicated Youtube channels around, such as mine. Specifically I could maybe recommend the Beginner's Guide video, but it's a bit outdated when it comes to the free species. Otherwise it might help you get started.

Why don't you just play away and bring your questions to the forum as you go. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

Thank you for the welcome. I will give your channel a watch this evening. Thanks for the tips. Yeah my pc is running nearly everything maxed out right now, its maybe the game itself just a bit dated looking looking as I am comparing Ofcourse to cotw which we can all agree looks magnificent.

Thanks again, and I look forward to checking out your channel after work buddy. Cheers.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Welcome Jodydoc!

My advice, try not to overwhelm yourself too quickly. Classic has a lot of maps, a lot of different species, and a lot of gear to hunt those different species. Trying to learn the ins and outs of every map and every species right away could burn you out really quickly. Plus, staring at the price tags of all the gear available in the store can be scary if you're starting from scratch.

The Trailrunner bundle is an excellent place to start with a membership. Not only do you get a year of unlimited hunting, but you also get a nice little sampling of weapons to try out and a good set of starter clothing that gives you an advantage against deer species (which is a large portion of the species!) Take your new gear out to the different maps and start improving your stalking, tracking and spotting techniques. With the gear you get in that bundle, you'll be able to legally hunt all species in the game and almost all of them can successfully be hunted with spotting and stalking.

You'll find that you like some maps better than others and some species better than others. Once you start getting a feel for what you enjoy, then you can start looking into expanding your collection of gear. Maybe you'll want to hunt pheasants and rabbits with the aid of a pointer dog. Maybe you'll want to set up some feeders to draw in the bears and hogs. Or maybe you'll want to go big and start building a setup for duck or goose hunting.

There's so many things to hunt and ways you can hunt them, I can see a new player being easily overwhelmed. Just take your time and have fun. Good luck out there in the EHR, and be sure to bring any specific questions (or trophy shots of monster-sized and rare animals) back here to the forum!
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Hi and welcome aboard Jodydoc :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Fáilte Jodydoc! :)
Image Image Image
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

xOEDragonx wrote:Welcome Jodydoc!

My advice, try not to overwhelm yourself too quickly. Classic has a lot of maps, a lot of different species, and a lot of gear to hunt those different species. Trying to learn the ins and outs of every map and every species right away could burn you out really quickly. Plus, staring at the price tags of all the gear available in the store can be scary if you're starting from scratch.

The Trailrunner bundle is an excellent place to start with a membership. Not only do you get a year of unlimited hunting, but you also get a nice little sampling of weapons to try out and a good set of starter clothing that gives you an advantage against deer species (which is a large portion of the species!) Take your new gear out to the different maps and start improving your stalking, tracking and spotting techniques. With the gear you get in that bundle, you'll be able to legally hunt all species in the game and almost all of them can successfully be hunted with spotting and stalking.

You'll find that you like some maps better than others and some species better than others. Once you start getting a feel for what you enjoy, then you can start looking into expanding your collection of gear. Maybe you'll want to hunt pheasants and rabbits with the aid of a pointer dog. Maybe you'll want to set up some feeders to draw in the bears and hogs. Or maybe you'll want to go big and start building a setup for duck or goose hunting.

There's so many things to hunt and ways you can hunt them, I can see a new player being easily overwhelmed. Just take your time and have fun. Good luck out there in the EHR, and be sure to bring any specific questions (or trophy shots of monster-sized and rare animals) back here to the forum!
Excellent advice my friend. Thanks alot and thanks for the welcome!
Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Fáilte Jodydoc! :)
Brilliant :D thanks mate
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Welcome to the group!

Trailrunner is the best value of all the packages & undoubtedly the package to start with. In the alternative if there is a specific map you are interested in some the package deals might be a better way to go.
As been said Classic is massive & it can be hard to know where to start. Just start at whatever strikes your fancy & have at it. If you have any questions or problems post here & someone will be glad to get your sorted straight away.

Jodydoc

Post by Jodydoc »

SoftShoe wrote:Welcome to the group!

Trailrunner is the best value of all the packages & undoubtedly the package to start with. In the alternative if there is a specific map you are interested in some the package deals might be a better way to go.
As been said Classic is massive & it can be hard to know where to start. Just start at whatever strikes your fancy & have at it. If you have any questions or problems post here & someone will be glad to get your sorted straight away.
Much appreciated buddy, thank you

Return to “New Player Introductions”